Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Reporting

tag
UPANDFORWARD
Valued Member

CA Reporting

Can a CA report an account as both open AND closed? LVNV has an account "status -open" but the account is listed under the heading of "closed accounts". I called EQ to verify the status and they said it was a closed account. Should I dispute?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA Reporting

Is it paid?   A paid CA should list closed, unpaid collections are open.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
UPANDFORWARD
Valued Member

It is not paid. I'm not even sure who the OC is and I am not able to PIF at this time. I thought it may have been an old capital 1 CC, but apparently I paid that and it has fallen off my report. EQ says it is not a CC but couldn't tell me who the OC was. Apparently, I paid another company, Tate & Kirlin, SOMETHING back in 2012 and I assume it was purchased by LVNV b/c it says it was opened in 09/2011 and I became delinquent in 11/11 but shows a last pymt date of 01/12. So I am thoroughly confused and at odds about what to do with this acct. I never even heard of LVNV until I pulled my CR.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send LVNV a DV, and request the name of the OC.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
UPANDFORWARD
Valued Member

I think I will. Can they, then demand PIF? That's my biggest concern b/c I don't have that. I have paid all my baddies except 2 medical bills and this. I am afraid that the payment(s?) [I honestly don't remember] I made to the other CA may have restarted the clock on the SOL. From what I've read in these forums, LVNV can be rather difficult to deal with.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.