cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Threat to place disputed aacount to judgement. Please advise....

tag
LiGHT_BuLB

CA Threat to place disputed aacount to judgement. Please advise....

Hello all,

I have recently disputed a collection report on all 3 CRA's filed by NCO and was successful in doing so. All 3 CRA's have deleted the NCO on file at hte end of 05/2009. Now suddenly out of the blue I received a letter from nco warranting me to pay the amount owed of $300.00+ or they will file for judgement. I have no I dea what the collection was for in the first place nor did I ever reveived a letter from them that I had a collection placed on me. The only letter I received from them is the one they sent to me after CRA's deleted the file on record. Although all 3 CRA's stated on theire letters that they prevent NCO for posting the disputed account. Can they also prevent it for being posted in the judgement category? Or do have to fight them tooth and nail on this one. Please advise... any help is greatfully apreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
corkyduckfan
New Contributor

Re: CA Threat to place disputed aacount to judgement. Please advise....

Unless they are willing to send you the original contract/document bearing your signature, then I would tell them to pound sand.  I would DV if you have not done that already.  If you have done that already, then I would let it be and not worry yourself with it unless it reappears on your credit report.  NCO Financial is a CA that has been a lot of trouble and has racked up millions in fines.  They are throwing a hail mary right now.
Message 2 of 5
LiGHT_BuLB

thanx Corky... Should I call NCO and request for validation or I think it might be best to write them via certified w/ receipt. 'Cause I think the main reason why I won my dispute with all 3 CRA and had it deleted from record is that they, NCO, was unable to provide them any signed Doc's. But who the heck knows what they've got on receord. I've spent 3yrs trying to fix my credit from 360 to 670's & 680's then something like this happens. I've heard and read of how NCO operates that is why I immidiately disputed it before it goes any further. My main concern now is if they can place that into judgement on my credit file w/c will look worst than having it placed in collection, and what sad is that I don't even know what it was for. GRRRR!!!

Any thoughts of a counter attack I can use before it gets to my judgement file? or should I wait if they do something with it first? Anyone?

Message Edited by LiGHT_BuLB on 06-04-2009 03:12 PM
Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Never call a CA.

Can;t read you entire post cause I have to get to bed.  But I know from reading other posts here...never call them.

You'll get more advice...give them a little bit of time tonight.  You'll hear something.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Wait for a few days as you should be receiving a dunning letter. Then send them a DV CMRRR.

The CRA can still re-insert the account like before but will have to notify you within 5 days of doing so. 

Never speak to the CA on the phone. Ignore those calls but maintain a log of all the calls from the CA.

NCO or any CA does not have to provide any 'signed' documents' to anybody. CRA verification is ridiculous. They probably did not verify in time. It could be the debt is not valid or they just did not get to it. 

They cant simply obtain a judgement and place it on your file. You would have to be served and then they have to win in court first. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.