Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Updates Credit file AFTER DV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA Updates Credit file AFTER DV

I sent a DV to a CA and they received it and signed for it.  Haven't received a validation or any other communication.  3 days later, they went ahead and updated the reporting on my credit report so that the "last reported" date changed -- violation??
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA Updates Credit file AFTER DV

Did they add any comments?

Technically once they receive your DV, they are supposed to update it to say that you dispute the information. 

It is also possible that if the date the letter was received was very close to the date of update, it was automated and not enough time to update the system with your DV.

However, once they have received a valid DV, they are supposed to "cease" from reporting new information "except" that you dispute or request validation.

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they add any comments?

Technically once they receive your DV, they are supposed to update it to say that you dispute the information. 

It is also possible that if the date the letter was received was very close to the date of update, it was automated and not enough time to update the system with your DV.

However, once they have received a valid DV, they are supposed to "cease" from reporting new information "except" that you dispute or request validation.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks txjohn! 

I'm not certain what the update was.  I only received the alert.  I'm due for a new CR in a week, so I might wait until then to check the full TL.  

The TL was dormant for 14 months and they just updated it.  So, I don't think it was automatic.  I'll wait to see if it was an update for the dispute or something else.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.