Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA VIOLATION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA VIOLATION

I have a question.  I have a law office that has filed a cival summons on me for a van repoed 3 years ago.. I have since contacted a lawyer and he has mailed them letters requesting a bunch of information for validation.  Well, the law office called me last night around 7:30 pm.  When I told my lawyer he was shocked saying they were not allowed to do this (violation of fair credit act) and asked for the name and number of the person that called.  I had it on my voice mail so I was able to give this to him.  WHat does all this mean?  I am at work and can't contact my lawyer and hate to sound completely niave regarding this.  I hope this is a good sign, we are having trouble coming up with $$$ for a seattlement

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA VIOLATION

It means you just made $1000!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA VIOLATION

If you/your lawyer files in court(either as a new case or a counterclaim to this one), and can prove that they contacted you when they knew you were being represented by an attorney, they did violated the FDCPA.

If the judge rules in your favor, you could win up to $1000.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.