Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Verified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA Verified

Hi All.. I have been trying for over a year to rebuild my credit and I have sone a Great Job at doing so.My score has went from lower 500's to upper 600's. I had a few baddies when I began to rebuild and the SOL was up so they removed from my reports. Now that all the SOL's are up I have CA's contacing me for payment. I sent DV letters to the 2 companies, and one could not verify. The other sent me a letter and enclosed what looked to be a generated letter from their system. It did not have any of the info that I requested. I did have original account # my new address not where i originally placed the order from and the last four of social security #. I do remember this account from years ago, and I also remember calling the company disputing the charge because the postman left the package outside and i never recieved it. This was years ago, so i dont have any info on who i spoke to ect...

Is there anything I can do now? Like i said their verifaction had my new address on paper and i did dipute this years ago..

Please help.. It took so long to rebuild and i dont want this to ruin what I have done so far to rebuild..

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: CA Verified

IMO, that CA hasn't properly verified.  When are they due to fall of your reports?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are already off the reports for some time now. I told them that the SOL was up and they said yes it is for reporting but not for collecting. This was disputed years ago. I dont know what to doSmiley Sad
Message 3 of 8
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Well if they're off your reports, then you're already more than halfway home.  The SOL has nothing to do with credit reporting, that is determined by the DOFD, or date of first delinquency.  Technically, they can attempt to collect forever, the SOL determines how long they can use judicial remedies (lawsuits, judgments, etc) to collect.  Just send them a past SOL letter, you can find samples on here. 

Also, once the credit reporting time period (CRTP) is up, that's it as far as reporting, they can never legally re-report.  Make sure you monitor your reports to make sure that they don't. 

Message Edited by JoeBJay20 on 06-09-2009 09:57 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank so much.. I have a letter drafted, but can you tell me where i can find statute of limitations for enforcing this type of debt through the courts in New Jersey?

I really apprecitte your help..

Thanks so much again!
Message 5 of 8
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

State Resources

Just find the section on New Jersey. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I am back and have another question. Yesterday I mentioned that I had 2 baddies and one did not verify. Well today i get a letter in the mail and yes i do remember the account. It was a cell phone account for my son back on 04. It is not on my report, it fell off this year, but they want to settle for 40% of the balance. Should i settle it even though it is not on my report? If so do I send them a letter with payment.. If so what letter would be appropriate. If not, i looked in the state of NJ and i think they can only sue for up to 6 years. The SOL guidelines are hard to understandSmiley Sad

Thank you so much!

Oh and JoeBJay20 thanks so much.. I sent the other SOL yesterday:-)

Message 7 of 8
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

The SOL on all telecom related debts is 2 years per US Code 47 Chapter 5, and this overrides any state SOL. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.