cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA account paid- how long till its off CRs?

tag
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

CA account paid- how long till its off CRs?

I had a medical bill on my CR because insurance didn't pay. Its since been taken care of and the OC has sent me a letter stating that the account is taken care of. How long till this gets off of my CR's? All 3 bureaus are reporting it.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA account paid- how long till its off CRs?

Laurenlou wrote:
I had a medical bill on my CR because insurance didn't pay. Its since been taken care of and the OC has sent me a letter stating that the account is taken care of. How long till this gets off of my CR's? All 3 bureaus are reporting it.

It will remain on your reports for 7-7.5 yrs from DOFD which in this case would be your doctor's visit. You can also confirm the date by pulling TU and/or EX CRs directly from those CRAs. There is a drop off date listed on those reports for all CAs.

Also assuming that the party reporting is the CA, you can send a GW or if the OC owns it then ask for its removal via a GW.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the insurance finally pay? Or did you end up paying?

Who got the payment, the CA or the OC?
Message 3 of 4
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

Sorry, the insurance company made a mistake and didn't pay originally. They paid in full and the account was taken care of. When I spoke with the OC, they said they would contact the CA to have everything removed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.