cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA agreed to PFD but didnt delete what do I do?

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

CA agreed to PFD but didnt delete what do I do?

I got the CA to agree for a PFD on a med for like $20. They even sent a letter stating that they will delete.

When I check my credit report this morning the account is marked as paid but it still remains. I immediately call the CA(local CA) and the guy said he sent the request but it could take 30 days for delete. If he sent in the request to delete why would it be marked as paid instead of a full deletion if the request was sent in at the same time?

Is he pulling my leg. Since I have this letter with HIS signature what can I do?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

Re: CA agreed to PFD but didnt delete what do I do?

You can try faxing the Delete letter to the CRA. I have done this in the past with fast results. Usually 2-3 days. Their Fax Number is stickied in one of the threads here. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=136812

Message Edited by GLIGUY23 on 07-13-2009 06:13 PM
EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I got the CA to agree for a PFD on a med for like $20. They even sent a letter stating that they will delete.

When I check my credit report this morning the account is marked as paid but it still remains. I immediately call the CA(local CA) and the guy said he sent the request but it could take 30 days for delete. If he sent in the request to delete why would it be marked as paid instead of a full deletion if the request was sent in at the same time?

Is he pulling my leg. Since I have this letter with HIS signature what can I do?

Basically you just have to wait. When they got payment, they had to update your account status on your report. As far as deletion goes, that goes to the CRA's and can take up to 45 days to reflect. You have the letter, keep it! And just wait.... Besides, meds have to be deleted by law anyway. Good luck!
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have a signed letter that states they will delete from your credit report, and you sent them the amount they stated as due, there is no court in the USA that would not consider this a meeting of the minds, and thus a binding fulfillment of contract, compelling them to delete from your credit file.

So this is legal.  Please provide an an exact quote of what they "agreed" to in what you considered as their PFD agreement.  They will often use the terms "payment in full," which is not legally a "payment in exchange for deletion of all prior reporting to the credit reporting agencies."  A PFD.  Was there a meeting of the minds?

Message 4 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Are all 3 reporting this??  TU is a good one for deleting.  I disputed my Midland acct...2 days...gone!  Got the official delete letter yesterday.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You mentioned that it's for a medical collection - right?  Then HIPAA them...they can legally no longer have access to your info once the amount is paid...

800FICOwannabe

07/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 696, TU - 622 (Asset Acceptance reinserted as a new collection)
06/01/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 637, TU - 641
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
09/09/08 - Mortgage Enhanced: EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 6 of 8
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If you have a signed letter that states they will delete from your credit report, and you sent them the amount they stated as due, there is no court in the USA that would not consider this a meeting of the minds, and thus a binding fulfillment of contract, compelling them to delete from your credit file.

So this is legal.  Please provide an an exact quote of what they "agreed" to in what you considered as their PFD agreement.  They will often use the terms "payment in full," which is not legally a "payment in exchange for deletion of all prior reporting to the credit reporting agencies."  A PFD.  Was there a meeting of the minds?

It says exactly. XXX is in receipt of paymen and the below accounts have been paid in full and will be deleted from your credit report on our next reporting date. Its typed on  a company letterhead with a live signature as well.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 7 of 8
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

I've had those...you can either way (which I did) and then it still wasn't removed, so I disputed online that "Creditor Agreed To Remove" and then it was gone a few days after.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.