Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA and HARD PULLS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA and HARD PULLS

I have had two CA's  do hard pulls on my credit , can they legally do this? Can I get this removed?

If so how would I go about it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA and HARD PULLS

search on these forums for non-PP letter.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they are legitimately trying to collect an amount that you owe, the hard pulls are allowed.

The non-permissible pull letter is what you send to a company that you have no business with, and who is not otherwise entitled to pull your credit report.

Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

PiggybackTuna wrote:

I have had two CA's  do hard pulls on my credit , can they legally do this? Can I get this removed?

If so how would I go about it.

Are these two CAs also reporting collections?
Message 4 of 9
abadfish66
New Contributor

Would the name of the CA pulling the hard inquiries be the same name that is listed as a CA account. I have 5 hard pulls from CA's, and not one name matches anything on my reports.

Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

They're dirt bags, I say. I would send each of them this letter.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=3900

Message 6 of 9
abadfish66
New Contributor

Slowly but surely the process has begun, I just started looking into credit repair about 2 weeks ago, and thanks to everyone on this forum, I am feeling more confident about the process instead of being very overwhelmed by all the details. After the inquiry letters go out, I can start my focus on all my charge offs and medical collections.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok,

Think about this..To make matters complicated. I had a tradeline deleted by TU that had went to 2 other collection agencies that hard pulled my credit. When I called one of the companies the lady said no this was only a soft inquiry that is seen by you. I said no this was a hard inquiry seen by everyone that considers my app for credit. She proceeds to tell me that TU has a representative that sets up these accounts and to her knowledge they were doing soft inquiries to locate people on past due accounts.

My question #1: What if these companies really think these are only soft inquiries?

2. Shouldn't CRA's be required to delete any remaining inquiries that a company causes due to inaccurate information?

3. I have clearly read that when applying for credit that you initiated it is a hard pull, otherwise a collection company should do a soft to locate you.

Are some creditors misinformed about how they are accessing credit reports or is this another way for TU to wreck credit reports and then cause you to order the monitoring services to generate revenue.

Maybe I'm getting too deep in this conversation but it does give you something to think about.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

never talk to a CA - all communications with CAs must be done in writing.

1. they know what they are doing - if they don't know, send them a non-PP letter; at that point they either acknowledge a mistake and recode to soft, or ignore you, proviing they are doing it on purpose.

2. a CRA is obliged to carry the inquiries for YOUR protection, it must be the offending party to request deletion.

3. TU identifies and codes Collector inquiries as hard, visible and clearly marked as collections. no other bureau does that.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.