Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA approved GW, question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA approved GW, question.

I'm excited about this one.  I received confirmation from the CA that they are removing the collection from my CRA's.  My questions:

A)  Is there a way to expedite the removal so my score will go up quicker?  I've tried searching for this and havn't found anything.  Is this something I should just search harder for?

B)  Once removed, will it be like it was never there?  Do credit scores have a "memory"  ie:  My score after removal may think "Well, that collection is gone, but it was there, I remember it, so I'm going to continue to ding his score."

"Please be advised your account was sent for removal from your credit file on 9/5/12.

Consumer reporting agencies may take up to 30 days or longer to update reports and this is beyond our control.

Should you have any questions regarding this account, please feel free to ask."

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: CA approved GW, question.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm excited about this one.  I received confirmation from the CA that they are removing the collection from my CRA's.  My questions:

A)  Is there a way to expedite the removal so my score will go up quicker?  I've tried searching for this and havn't found anything.  Is this something I should just search harder for?

B)  Once removed, will it be like it was never there?  Do credit scores have a "memory"  ie:  My score after removal may think "Well, that collection is gone, but it was there, I remember it, so I'm going to continue to ding his score."

"Please be advised your account was sent for removal from your credit file on 9/5/12.

Consumer reporting agencies may take up to 30 days or longer to update reports and this is beyond our control.

Should you have any questions regarding this account, please feel free to ask."

Congrats on your GW success !

It really depends on the CA to send the deletion request to the CRAs - I don't think that there is any way to expedite the process unless you work directly with the CA.

Your FICO score doesn't have "memory" of items that are deleted, so yes, once you get it removed it will be like it was never there.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.