cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA assigned and reported debt, but settled with the OC - options for removing a derog?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA assigned and reported debt, but settled with the OC - options for removing a derog?

I had a medical bill that went to collections 3 years ago due to the OC not updating my contact info. When I received a letter from a CA, I contacted the OC patient advocate's office and they accepted my PIF. Now I still have the CA's collection derogatory on my report. I know I probably should have dealt with the CA at the time, but the OC was suspending my eligibility for medical services and I didn't want to change doctors. Should I write a GW to the CA? Or is there some other approach I should take?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA assigned and reported debt, but settled with the OC - options for removing a derog?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a medical bill that went to collections 3 years ago due to the OC not updating my contact info. When I received a letter from a CA, I contacted the OC patient advocate's office and they accepted my PIF. Now I still have the CA's collection derogatory on my report. I know I probably should have dealt with the CA at the time, but the OC was suspending my eligibility for medical services and I didn't want to change doctors. Should I write a GW to the CA? Or is there some other approach I should take?

GW letter to the CA. If that fails you can contact the OC and ask that they request their CA remove it from your report but they cannot force them to do it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.