Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA called after receiving PFD...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA called after receiving PFD...

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this blog for 2 months and have started cleaning up my credit by sending out DVs and PFDs. I offered to pay in  full in response to deleting the credit reports.

Today I got a call from a CA stating that it will be illegal for them to delete the collection from the credit reports. 

Is it true?  What should I tell them..

thanks much for all your help!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Re: CA called after receiving PFD...

I've gotten this response in a letter before. How do you combat this?

I know and they know it isnt illegal but what do you say when you get this response

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per their agreement with the CRA, it may be against the terms of their agreement to delete unless it is inaccurate.

However, there is no law, such as FCRA that state they must report, only that if they do they must report accurately.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks!

I will tell them when they call me again.

The collection agency is MCM (Midland) and they've been pretty stubborn about this :-(

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with them!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise that you communicate in writing.  Verbal conversations are a complete waste of time and energy.  Get their position in writing, respond in writing.

I would respond to this call "in writing" and reference the conversation, the party you spoke with and what they told you.  Then provide your response/rebuttal.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the PFD letter in writing, but they called to discuss. Next time, I will ask them to respond in writing.

It feels good to be doing something about the credit, even though it's long and frustrating sometimes :-)

thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.