Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA confusion

tag
Googler89
Established Member

CA confusion

I have a bill from a local college that did not get paid for $244. I had an agreement from my home campus called a consortium agreement. Basically I was enrolled in two school, took two classes at each, with made me a full-time student. I asked financial aid if I needed to pay the host campus when my refund came. My home campus told me that they would pay the host campus, and IF (she said I probably wouldn’t have any funds left) I had anything left I would then be refunded.

Perfect! I received a refund of a little over $1,000. So in my mind, it was paid and done. I never checked the host campus billing statement because I never felt I had the need to.

Fast forward, there was a bill of $244 that was not paid. It was sent to a local CA. Today I spoke with several people to get nowhere with why it wasn’t paid.

The host campus said they could not accept payment since it was with CA now, BUT she said I could ask them to delete it. She said they would ask them and she would put in a good word for me. The CA said they can’t delete, BUT I could dispute it once it was a $0 balance. I need to pay it because I need my transcript, but I want it deleted.

I have not paid it yet because I am not sure if I should do what they said (if it will work) or trying another route.

Any suggestions?

Starting Score: (EQ 590)-(TU 625)-(EX 606) 9/2014
Current Score: (EQ 599)-(TU 647)-(EX 617) 11/2014
ST Goal Score: (EQ 640)-(TU 670)-(EX 650)
LT Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.