cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA deleted on 1 bureau. What to do with others?

tag
Nola_Bee
Contributor

CA deleted on 1 bureau. What to do with others?

Hello!

I disputed a collection account with Experian due to it not being my account. I took thay route as I got nowhere with the company directly. Experian deleted the account.

I also disputed the account with Transunion on today.

I've been unable to access my Equifax report online. I will likely be sending in a manual dispute with them.

My question is, can I just notify EQ and TU that EXP deleted and request that they follow suit? I vaguely remember this being a standard thing back at the height of my rebuild.

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

Good luck to all who are pressing toward better credit and financial stability!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA deleted on 1 bureau. What to do with others?

When you dispute via one CRA and the furnsiher determines that they cannot verify, then they are required to delete with all CRAs to which they have reported the disputed information.

However, the simple fact that they deleted does not establish that they made a positive determination that they could not vefify.

They could have chosen to simply do a voluntary deletion, thus making the dispute moot.

The furnisher will rarely report back to the CRA that their reporting cannot be verified, which would lead to deletion by the CRA.

Thus, voluntary deletion with one CRA is not basis, in and of itself, for compelling deletion with other CRAs.

You must dispute with each unless you have a Notice of Results of Reinvestigatin that clearly states that the furnisher responded that the information could not be verified..  They could choose to verify with a remaining CRA even though they previosly chose not to verify with another

Message 2 of 7
Nola_Bee
Contributor

Thxx Robert for your thorough & prompt response! I truly appreciate it!

Message 3 of 7
Nola_Bee
Contributor

I called the other bureaus and it was confirmed that the CA was removed! GLORY BE!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nola, did the CA respond to your dispute at all? I'm going through a situation very similar to yours- i sent them a DV but got no response back. I'm thinking that i may have the do the same as you and just dispute through the CRAs
Message 5 of 7
Nola_Bee
Contributor

No @teresamb they didn't respond. I just kept checking the dispute status and saw that it was deleted. Took about 2 weeks.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks. I sure hope we get these cleared up soon!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.