Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA doing 3 hard inquires in one month

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CA doing 3 hard inquires in one month

Ok, I see.

If the parent company has a license in your state, any CA that falls under them do not have to be individually licensed.  They can be but it is not necessary.

Have you checked your states statutes on CA licensing?

Message 21 of 23
kronster
Valued Member

No I haven't guess that is where I will start. Thanks.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kronster wrote:

The amount was very small, insignificant. I just wanted the letter correct because these guys seemed shady from the very begining. I also checked today, and they just got there licence here in FL on 06/29/10. The only licenece I can find that might be them. The address and name don't match but it could be them. Even so I have been in correspondence with them before they obtaied the licence. I have letters from them. What step should I take next?

With a minor mistake it might not be easy to show or even allege deception.  If Florida requires a CA to be licensed in Florida before engaging in collection activities, you might have something to hang your hat on as long as it gives the individual consumer a right of action.  Many times all you can do is report it to the state authorities and hope they take action.

If the amount is truly insignificant and the real concern is that the operation is crooked, you could pay them in person if they have an office near your location.  Whenever you settle you must insist on a signed, notarized General Release and, if a judgment is involved, Satisfaction of Judgment.  Not obtaining these documents is like playing Russian roulette.   

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.