Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA falling off before OC?

tag
chicharitta
Established Member

CA falling off before OC?

I was going through my credit report again and I realized that the CA for a CO Walmart card is scheduled to be fall off  8 months before the Walmart TL. This makes no sense to me. Can anyone explain?

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CA falling off before OC?

They should fall off relatively close to one another.  8 months is a big spread.  One of them reported a different DoFD.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA falling off before OC?

OC trade lines dont "fall off" as a result of expiration of a credit report exclusion period.

CR exclusion pertains only to the continued showing of adverse items in your CR.

If a collection is scheduled go be excluded in 8 months, its exclusion is based on the DOFD on the OC account.

DOFD is relevent to reporting by the OC only if they reported a charge-off, which would be excluded on the same date as a collection.

If the CR is providing an expected CR exclusion date for a CO on the OC account, and that date differs from the expected exclusion date of a collection on that account, the difference is most likely due to a different estimate given by the CRA.  Estimates are not maximum statutory exclusion dates, and usually include a cushion to ensure they dont go over the cliff.

The max statutory date for a CO and collection would still be the same.... 7 yrs plus 180 days from DOFD.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.