Did you mean: 

CA finally off EQ!!! (found reason for 37 pt jump!!!) EQ 621 now

tag
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

Re: CA finally off EQ!!! (found reason for 37 pt jump!!!) EQ 621 now

@Duncanrr wrote:

@jeffg330 wrote:
How old is the Sallie late Duncan? If the 621 middle Is enough to qualify for a mortgage they probably don't want to see any lates in past 12 months. Also you probably need to get a few points higher, as a hard pull from lender will cost a few points off your score. Don't mean to be the voice of doom here, just saying...

Im planning on refi in new year.  My original plan was to go for refi in 12 to 18 months.  Ive just managed to get some rapid movement on scores (EQ up a total of 70 points in 27 days!)  Ideally I want to be 720 when I refi (but if rates start going up then Ill jump in regardless of how close I am to that goal).

The lates on SM are: 30 day Dec 2010 and 90 days on July 2011 and Nov 2007.  The GW addresses the 90 day lates.  In phone call from their executive staff they said they wouldn't do anything about 30 day late and I agreed.  I was supposed to hear back from them last week but haven't heard anything yet.  I'll give it another week then recontact them.

So far, its been a great first month!

Do you mind sending me who you spoke with? I tried GWing them but they called me and said they couldnt do anything

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 13
jeffg330
Regular Contributor

I'll PM you after this afternoon Steelers.

Starting Score: EQ 609 EX 570 TU 656 March 2012 CH 7 BK 12/08
Current Score: EQ 691 EX 694 TU 713
Goal Score: all 3 700's.
Quicksilver $5000 Discover IT $1500 Barclays NFL $1250 Walmart $1500 CL Applied Bank $300 (secured)

In the Garden till 12/14
Message 12 of 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Do you mind sending me who you spoke with? I tried GWing them but they called me and said they couldn't do anything

My GW is more than a simple GW.  I have a federal loan and a regular loan with SM.  The periods of when they said I missed payments don't match up with the two loans.  Basically, their computer system treats these two types of loans differently and the CSR would mess up when I called and asked if my payment arrangements (autodrafts) covered all loans.  They didn't  but I was informed that they did.  I had periods where I paid 1200 on a loan and then they reported that I didn't pay the 100 loan payment in that same period.

I told them there is no way I would pay 1200 and then neglect a 100 payment.  It didn't make sense.  Since the alleged missed payments don't line up and they have frequent logs of my phone calls where I setup autodrafts I have a fairly strong dispute.  I went the GW route and tied it into a dispute at same time basically saying "I have a strong dispute but want to work this out amicably without both parties having to expend all the time/resources of a full dispute."

Im hoping this tactic works.  So far it worked with Entergy when I tied together a customer complaint about failing to return phone calls with a PFD request.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.