Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA for Time Warner - NO PFD

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA for Time Warner - NO PFD UPDATE

@Anonymous wrote:

So I finally talked to Time Warner this morning.  A girl named Tamika told me that if I pay them direct it will be immediately marked as paid and within 30 days it would be removed from my credit reports.  I asked for it in writing and she said they don't do that so I had no choice but to take her word for it.  I do have her name and a confirmation number.  I guess if they don't I will have to resort to GW letters for removal.  Will the paid collection still hurt my score as bad as an unpaid?

This makes it a binding verbal contract. If they fail to remove within a reasonable amount of time then you would file a complaint with the BBB on TW for shoddy business practices. A paid collection will hurt your score as much as an unpaid until it ages back in time.

Message 21 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of curiosity how long does it take for a collection to lessen it's affect on your score?

The first 2 years are the most damaging, it will however cost you some points the entire time its on file even to the 7.5 yr max CRTP.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told the girl on the phone that I did not feel it was fair to punich my credit for 7.5 years when it's only a couple months old.  Yes it is my fault but I am taking care of it.  She did agree with me on that so I pray she follows through.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.