Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA frustration

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

CA frustration

I really don't understand what these CAs want from me anymore. From my understanding, CAs are in the business to collect debts. Well the CA, I been trying to deal with and pay, seems to not really care about getting paid or not. I understand some CAs do not want to accept PFDs, etc. But this one got me all confused. I had a collection account reporting. Its a 4 year old debt, fairly small balance. I have sent many many letters, emails to get someone to accept a PFD, offering FULL payment. Never did I get an answer from this CA. They finally stop validating the account, and now they are completely gone from my CRs.

Well, just a few days ago, I received a letter from now a new CA. They bought the debt from the old CA, and will now try to collect on it. My thoughts? All I can say is **bleep**? So the old CA decided to ignore my requests of sending FULL payment to them, in exchange for a deletion from my CRs. Now, I understand not all CAs accept PFDs, but in this case WHY? They instead sold the account to another CA, probably for alot less than what I was offering...PLUS...the old CA is longer on my CRs because they stop validating it. You see why im just confused and frustrated at the moment? If the old CA wouldve just accepted my PFD offer, they wouldve been paid in FULL, and I will be right where im at right now with no collection accounts on my report. Both parties wouldve been happy. But no, they decided to just sell the account to another CA. Now I get to go through the whole process again with the new CA. This is dumb.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA frustration

Yeah, I agree that, being the capitalists they are, offers to pay would be gobbled up, and CR deletion would be a minor concern.

However, underpinning the entire issue of PFD and GW deletions is the issue that they are argued as not being in the best interest of integrity of the larger credit reporting system.  They are subjective, and thus arbitrary, and deprive others of seeing the true credit history of a consumer.

The CRAs support the policy of non-deletion of accurate information based on payment of the debt, and have incorporated it into their credit reporting manual and reporting agreements with each of its furnishers.  So, arguably, a furnisher should never delete based on payment of the debt.

Many debt collectors give mouth-service to their agreement not to PFD, but still do it, as they are not required to provide a reason for deletion when reporting to the CRAs.  So the non-deletion policy is really toothless, and I am unaware of a CRA refusing deletion on that basis.

It remains a mystery as to why some do and some do not accept PFDs, but there is some "logic."

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.