Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA help - what to do now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA help - what to do now?

I got a CA ltr in the mail for a small amount $94. They claim it was for a book club service I signed up for about 5 years ago. However, I did not sign up for this service and never recieved any books.  I disputed this claim with the credit agencies but it is still on my credit reports. After reading a few threads I am realizing that disputing it was not the best first step.  What should I do now?? It is showing up on my credit report with a date of 8/2010, even though this was supposedly from years ago. I do not mind paying the money since I will be buying a home next year. I just want it off my report.

The CA is

RJM Acquistions

575 UNDERHILL BLVD
SUITE 224
SYOSSET , NY 11791

(800) 268-0623 

Just in case anyone has dealt with them before.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA help - what to do now?

I had the same thing - a collection from RJM for a book club. Only difference is, I believed that it was mine. I called the book club and verified.

I am buying a house and the lender wanted it paid. I called and asked for PFD*. They agreed and sent me a letter stating the terms (I had 30 days to pay and they would delete.) I paid, then got another letter stating that it was paid in full and would be deleted. That was a week or two ago, and it hasn't been deleted yet. I figure they only update once a month, so I am waiting for it to come off. So far, they were great to deal with.

*I usually only do things in writing, but called because I was trying to hurry and get it taken care of.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! I gave them a call and paid using my card. They sent me the following email and will also have a letter in the mail. Super easy.

RJM Acquisitions LLC ("RJM") is pleased to accept the sum of $94.34 in full satisfaction of the
above referenced account.
Please pay by November 4, 2010.
When you finish paying, this account will be satisfied in full, and, as per your specific request,
RJM will have our reporting of this account deleted with Experian and Trans-Union.
Please enclose the bottom portion of this letter along with your payment.
YOU CAN PAY BY: CHECK, CHECK BY PHONE (Call 1-800-651-4418 for details), MONEY
ORDER, WESTERN UNION QUICK COLLECT (Call for information) CREDIT CARD (See below) or
CREDIT CARD BY PHONE (Call 1-800-651-4418 for details).
NO CASH PLEASE
RJM is the owner of this account.
This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
See back of letter for important information.
This communication is from a debt collector.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to help! That is exactly what I got from them, and I paid the same way too. You should get a letter stating that it is paid and that they are deleting it tomorrow by email and next week in the mail. At least, that's how it worked for me. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.