Reply
Contributor
Posts: 230
Registered: ‎10-01-2012
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD


rkb84 wrote:

Got some good news, finally just contacted the original creditor (Cspire Wireless) and the lady said if I paid it would be taken off my credit reports and I would never have to worry about it again. Hopefully she is being honest becasue I am going to call tomoroow after I get paid and pay off what I owe.


That sounds good, but how can they guarantee that the collections company will remove it from your report?

Contributor
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD

Worried about that too. But I thought maybe they would be able to just notify the CA the debt was paid and they would drop it? Hate doing this crap luckily this is my last account I owe for on my report.
Contributor
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD

I mean if the OC is even saying they can take payment, makes me think that CA listed for the debt is some small agency for Cspire. Usually when it is sold off to an agency the OC is done with it I thought.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎06-06-2012
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD


rckstrscott wrote:

rkb84 wrote:

Mountain State Adjustment or MS Services LLC, I can't find anything about them on the web. And yes I used a good letter found on this site:

 

 

 

MS Services LLC
123 W 1st St Suite 430
Casper, WY 82601



Date: October 2nd, 2012

Re: Account Number #xxxxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your [letter / call / credit report entry] on September 28, 2012
 related to the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt. Nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information
furnisher.

I am willing to pay [this debt in full / $xxx.xx as settlement for this debt] in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $xxx.xx payable to MS SERVICES LLC in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from
all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of MS SERVICES LLC. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

As granted by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer and request full
verification of this debt. Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

(My info).
**************


I think that letter had too many demands..

 

1. Depending on their contract with the CRAs, they might not be able to comply with your demand to have it removed in 10 days. They may only report one a month, or something along those lines.

2. Its possible that 15 days isnt enough time for them to agree to the offer.

3. A PFD is essentially a GW.. you are exchanging payment for GW.. many CAs dont like putting it down on paper as a 'contract' because PFD is frowned upon by the CRAs, and really, what can you do with a signed letter indicating removal? You can't send it to the CRA. I suppose you could sue? I don't know

 

I would personally send something less formal, then when they agree to it, IF they agree to it, start negotiating how and when it will come off..

 

-scott


so, is there a more gentle/less formal PFD letter to use, cause thats the one i've been using as well???... except i have 30 days instead of 10 days and i dont hAVe the last paragraph at the end

 

Contributor
Posts: 230
Registered: ‎10-01-2012
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD


adio413 wrote:


so, is there a more gentle/less formal PFD letter to use, cause thats the one i've been using as well???... except i have 30 days instead of 10 days and i dont hAVe the last paragraph at the end

 


Yep, me too - now I'm getting nervous about it!  I'm feeling like I shouldn't have sent it.  I wonder if I should go ahead and send something else without waiting for the response.  Mine are two small amounts, $100 and $162, so maybe I'll just send payment with the letter.  I'm afraid I may have annoyed them!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,661
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD


adio413 wrote:

rckstrscott wrote:

rkb84 wrote:

Mountain State Adjustment or MS Services LLC, I can't find anything about them on the web. And yes I used a good letter found on this site:

 

 

 

MS Services LLC
123 W 1st St Suite 430
Casper, WY 82601



Date: October 2nd, 2012

Re: Account Number #xxxxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your [letter / call / credit report entry] on September 28, 2012
 related to the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt. Nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information
furnisher.

I am willing to pay [this debt in full / $xxx.xx as settlement for this debt] in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $xxx.xx payable to MS SERVICES LLC in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from
all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of MS SERVICES LLC. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

As granted by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer and request full
verification of this debt. Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

(My info).
**************


I think that letter had too many demands..

 

1. Depending on their contract with the CRAs, they might not be able to comply with your demand to have it removed in 10 days. They may only report one a month, or something along those lines.

2. Its possible that 15 days isnt enough time for them to agree to the offer.

3. A PFD is essentially a GW.. you are exchanging payment for GW.. many CAs dont like putting it down on paper as a 'contract' because PFD is frowned upon by the CRAs, and really, what can you do with a signed letter indicating removal? You can't send it to the CRA. I suppose you could sue? I don't know

 

I would personally send something less formal, then when they agree to it, IF they agree to it, start negotiating how and when it will come off..

 

-scott


so, is there a more gentle/less formal PFD letter to use, cause thats the one i've been using as well???... except i have 30 days instead of 10 days and i dont hAVe the last paragraph at the end

 


I think, in regards to the DV and PFD templates on the web, that they are all essentially the same.. I would just create it yourself personally... state why you are asking for the PFD, what you are offering... just don't admit the debt is yours..

 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession


Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
Regular Contributor
Posts: 230
Registered: ‎09-22-2012
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD

FYI, my husband had several thousand dollars in medical collections following cancer sent to this agency back in 2004. We ended up filing Ch7 and I then disputed those accounts a month or so after discharge and they were deleted on my first attempt. So if you don't have any luck with the OC getting it off your report, give it a few weeks and then dispute it. Good luck. 


Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 548 (Myfico) TU 655 (Walmart) CK 672 EX?? CS 642
Goal Score: For now: 640s


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,661
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
0

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD

[ Edited ]

jandj80 wrote:

FYI, my husband had several thousand dollars in medical collections following cancer sent to this agency back in 2004. We ended up filing Ch7 and I then disputed those accounts a month or so after discharge and they were deleted on my first attempt. So if you don't have any luck with the OC getting it off your report, give it a few weeks and then dispute it. Good luck. 


What would be the basis for the dispute? If there is no error to the reporting, disputing isn't really the way to go... 

 

If you are trying to get someone to accept a PFD, or a GW, why would you dispute it and de-rail your chance at good will from the creditor?

 

I understand in your situation disputing since you filed a Chap7 and those debts were discharged... but not in this situation unless im missing something from an earlier post

 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession


Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.