Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA ignoring me after PFD

tag
diabla
Regular Contributor

Re: CA ignoring me after PFD

@rkb84 wrote:

Got some good news, finally just contacted the original creditor (Cspire Wireless) and the lady said if I paid it would be taken off my credit reports and I would never have to worry about it again. Hopefully she is being honest becasue I am going to call tomoroow after I get paid and pay off what I owe.

That sounds good, but how can they guarantee that the collections company will remove it from your report?

Message 11 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

Worried about that too. But I thought maybe they would be able to just notify the CA the debt was paid and they would drop it? Hate doing this crap luckily this is my last account I owe for on my report.
Message 12 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

I mean if the OC is even saying they can take payment, makes me think that CA listed for the debt is some small agency for Cspire. Usually when it is sold off to an agency the OC is done with it I thought.
Message 13 of 18
adio413
Regular Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@rkb84 wrote:

Mountain State Adjustment or MS Services LLC, I can't find anything about them on the web. And yes I used a good letter found on this site:

MS Services LLC
123 W 1st St Suite 430
Casper, WY 82601

Date: October 2nd, 2012

Re: Account Number #xxxxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your [letter / call / credit report entry] on September 28, 2012
 related to the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt. Nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information
furnisher.

I am willing to pay [this debt in full / $xxx.xx as settlement for this debt] in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $xxx.xx payable to MS SERVICES LLC in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from
all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of MS SERVICES LLC. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

As granted by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer and request full
verification of this debt. Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

(My info).

I think that letter had too many demands..

1. Depending on their contract with the CRAs, they might not be able to comply with your demand to have it removed in 10 days. They may only report one a month, or something along those lines.

2. Its possible that 15 days isnt enough time for them to agree to the offer.

3. A PFD is essentially a GW.. you are exchanging payment for GW.. many CAs dont like putting it down on paper as a 'contract' because PFD is frowned upon by the CRAs, and really, what can you do with a signed letter indicating removal? You can't send it to the CRA. I suppose you could sue? I don't know

I would personally send something less formal, then when they agree to it, IF they agree to it, start negotiating how and when it will come off..

-scott

so, is there a more gentle/less formal PFD letter to use, cause thats the one i've been using as well???... except i have 30 days instead of 10 days and i dont hAVe the last paragraph at the end

Message 14 of 18
diabla
Regular Contributor

@adio413 wrote:

so, is there a more gentle/less formal PFD letter to use, cause thats the one i've been using as well???... except i have 30 days instead of 10 days and i dont hAVe the last paragraph at the end

Yep, me too - now I'm getting nervous about it!  I'm feeling like I shouldn't have sent it.  I wonder if I should go ahead and send something else without waiting for the response.  Mine are two small amounts, $100 and $162, so maybe I'll just send payment with the letter.  I'm afraid I may have annoyed them!

Message 15 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@adio413 wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@rkb84 wrote:

Mountain State Adjustment or MS Services LLC, I can't find anything about them on the web. And yes I used a good letter found on this site:

MS Services LLC
123 W 1st St Suite 430
Casper, WY 82601

Date: October 2nd, 2012

Re: Account Number #xxxxxx

Dear Collection Manager:

This letter is in response to your [letter / call / credit report entry] on September 28, 2012
 related to the debt listed above. I wish to save us both some time and effort by settling this debt.

Please be aware that this is not an acknowledgment or acceptance of the debt, as I have not received any verification of the debt. Nor is this a promise to pay and is not a payment agreement unless you provide a response as detailed below.

I am aware that your company has the ability to report this debt to the credit bureaus as you deem necessary. Furthermore, you have the ability to change the listing since you are the information
furnisher.

I am willing to pay [this debt in full / $xxx.xx as settlement for this debt] in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within ten calendar days of payment. If you agree to the terms, I will send certified payment in the amount of $xxx.xx payable to MS SERVICES LLC in exchange to have all information related to this debt removed from
all of my credit files.

If you accept this offer, you also agree not to discuss the offer with any third-party, excluding the original creditor. If you accept the offer, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the terms. This letter should be signed by an authorized agent of MS SERVICES LLC. The letter will be treated as a contract and subject to the laws of my state.

As granted by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I have the right to dispute this alleged debt. If I do not receive your postmarked response within 15 days, I will withdraw the offer and request full
verification of this debt. Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.

Sincerely,

(My info).

I think that letter had too many demands..

1. Depending on their contract with the CRAs, they might not be able to comply with your demand to have it removed in 10 days. They may only report one a month, or something along those lines.

2. Its possible that 15 days isnt enough time for them to agree to the offer.

3. A PFD is essentially a GW.. you are exchanging payment for GW.. many CAs dont like putting it down on paper as a 'contract' because PFD is frowned upon by the CRAs, and really, what can you do with a signed letter indicating removal? You can't send it to the CRA. I suppose you could sue? I don't know

I would personally send something less formal, then when they agree to it, IF they agree to it, start negotiating how and when it will come off..

-scott

I think, in regards to the DV and PFD templates on the web, that they are all essentially the same.. I would just create it yourself personally... state why you are asking for the PFD, what you are offering... just don't admit the debt is yours..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 16 of 18
jandj80
Regular Contributor

FYI, my husband had several thousand dollars in medical collections following cancer sent to this agency back in 2004. We ended up filing Ch7 and I then disputed those accounts a month or so after discharge and they were deleted on my first attempt. So if you don't have any luck with the OC getting it off your report, give it a few weeks and then dispute it. Good luck. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@jandj80 wrote:

FYI, my husband had several thousand dollars in medical collections following cancer sent to this agency back in 2004. We ended up filing Ch7 and I then disputed those accounts a month or so after discharge and they were deleted on my first attempt. So if you don't have any luck with the OC getting it off your report, give it a few weeks and then dispute it. Good luck. 

What would be the basis for the dispute? If there is no error to the reporting, disputing isn't really the way to go... 

If you are trying to get someone to accept a PFD, or a GW, why would you dispute it and de-rail your chance at good will from the creditor?

I understand in your situation disputing since you filed a Chap7 and those debts were discharged... but not in this situation unless im missing something from an earlier post

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.