Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA ignoring us

tag
chicharitta
Established Member

CA ignoring us

In my latest campaign to increase our credit scores I sent a DV letter to some company called Kason Credit Corp. They are listed on hubby's EX report as a $50 medical collection. We are 99% sure it's not his so I sent them a DV letter. We never received a response. We have no record of any correspondence from them. The BBB gives them an F rating with the reason listed as failure to respond to complaints.
What do I do now? I'm half tempted to go to their office in person since its only about 20 minutes away from me. Is that a bad idea? Should I file a BBB complaint even though I doubt they will respond to them? We need this account resolved. It still has several years left to report and its the last thing on his report besides the evil First Premier that will fall off next year.

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Joined the Garden Club 04-08-13
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: CA ignoring us

@chicharitta wrote:
In my latest campaign to increase our credit scores I sent a DV letter to some company called Kason Credit Corp. They are listed on hubby's EX report as a $50 medical collection. We are 99% sure it's not his so I sent them a DV letter. We never received a response. We have no record of any correspondence from them. The BBB gives them an F rating with the reason listed as failure to respond to complaints.
What do I do now? I'm half tempted to go to their office in person since its only about 20 minutes away from me. Is that a bad idea? Should I file a BBB complaint even though I doubt they will respond to them? We need this account resolved. It still has several years left to report and its the last thing on his report besides the evil First Premier that will fall off next year.

I would go there with the DV letter if they refuse to acknowledge it in front of you I would file a FDCPA and FTC complaint. 

A debt collector must provide the consumer with certain basic information. If that information was not in the initial communication and if the consumer has not paid the debt five days after the initial communication, all of the following information
must be sent to the consumer in written form:
• The amount of the debt
• The name of the creditor to whom the debt is
owed
• Notice that the consumer has thirty days to
dispute the debt before it is assumed to be valid

Did you receive a dunning notice at all?

Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Did they list the OC?  Contact the OC and find out if it is in fact your debt.

A CA is not required to respond to a DV, even if timely.  They just cannot continue collection activity until they do.

Message 3 of 6
chicharitta
Established Member

We have absolutely no record of any contact from Kason. I'm can't say for sure they have never sent anything since when we were first married my husband hid a lot of this type of stuff from me. They have not sent us anything in the past 4 or 5 years that I have been micro managing our finances.

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Message 4 of 6
chicharitta
Established Member

Guiness, For the sake of my education lets say the OC does validate it. I still need to get this resolved with Kason. It's only $50 so if I have to I'll pay it just to make them go away. We need them gone or at least reporting as paid/closed to be able to get a house.

4-1-13 My FICO 633
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the OC says it is your debt, ask if you can pay them and pull the account back from the CA and ask them to delete their TL.  The CA does not have to delete but sometimes will if the OC asks.

The other route is to offer Kason a pay for delete.  If possible get it in writing.  If they say they will delete but not give you a letter, it is up to you whether you do it or not.  I would say 90% of the CAs will honor their agreement.

There is also the oral agreement which is binding just harder to prove.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.