Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA is extending the 7 year removal date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA is extending the 7 year removal date

My TU report lists a CA ( Sims Associates) which purchased the account in July 2017 from another CA ( AES). For some reason Sims is stating a removal date of 2021! The DoFD of the OC (MRU) was 2011 and OC estimated removal date says next month 3/2018 which is awesome. So Isn’t that 2021 date an error? My understanding was that once OC comes off, then all CAs that bought that debt must also come off. Otherwise anytime a new CA buys the debt the consumer is stuck in a vicious cycle. How should I dispute this? Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA is extending the 7 year removal date

It doesn't matter if it's not with OC anymore, it still is supposed to go by DOFD, even if it was sold. Is TransUnion the only one reporting the date inaccurately? Every problem I have us with Transunion. They NEVER update properly and information is not right. I'd call them ASAP and write them as well. Dispute it.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA is extending the 7 year removal date

The CRA determines the exclusion date, not the debt collector.

It is based on the DOFD that was reported by the debt collector.

The issue of what is the proper exclusion date depends on the accuracy of the reported DOFD, so the first step in determining the accuracy of the exclusion date is to determine the accuracy of the current DOFD of record.

I would begin by determing the currently reported DOFD.

If not shown in your commercial credit report, you can likely obtain it by viewing your report on annualcreditreport.com

If inaccurate, you can dispute the accuracy of the reported DOFD, which will then result in correction of any inaccurate exclusion calcluation.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.