cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA is reporting "new collections" ever 2 weeks.

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

CA is reporting "new collections" ever 2 weeks.

ATT wireless has sold my account to a CA southwest credit systems.  They are reporting me every two weeks as a "new collection"  Can they do that?   And is this lowering my score every time?

I do not owe ATT 1300.00 as to what southwest is saying.  I have sent many letters to try and correct this and ATT just ended up sending me to collections.

I am sending them a PFD for the last bill. which is was the rep told me when I cancelled my account.

Any suggestions on how to get them to stop reporting me so much?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: CA is reporting "new collections" ever 2 weeks.

This company has a VERY BAD reputation as far as CA go.  Hopefully, Robert, Shogun or someone will be along to helpyou out shortly.  Follow their advice.

Message 2 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Oh, Take to AT&T Social Media.....facebook.  They contacted me IMMEDIATELY and were very helpful.  See if you can settle with them direct and skirt this so-called collection agency poc.

Message 3 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

fishbc - I went to the FB social media page.  Can you guide me on how to send them a message?  Do I post it where everyone can see it?

I have already contacted them via phone and they lowered by my bill $250.00 but they are still saying I owe 829.00 and the CA is saying I owe $1300.00

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I posed right on the forum....bi***ing like everyone else.  They immediately contacted me with a # to call and a specific contact person. 

They should be able to supply you with a copy of the contract AND the accounting. 

Message 5 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

They can SAY anything they want, but they have to PROVE IT.   If you google this Ca....they're pond scum all the way down.

Message 6 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

Oh I know, they have so many bad reviews!!!   Ok let me post this on ATT site see what happens.

THANK YOU! Smiley Happy

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 7 of 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

The additional charges are fees and interest.

While you may not want to work with the CA, it is possible ATT sold the debt.

I also agree I dont like the tactics CA's pull and additional charges, but the first question you have to ask yourself is do you work for free?

They are in a business to make money not do charity.

With that being said hopefully ATT can help you out. If they sold the debt to the CA it usually isnt a cut and dry pay ATT and its removed.

Good luck hope you get some help.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 8 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

You cannot say, for certain, that these additionals are  fees are interest, etc.  In my case, they researched and found they were INCORRECT and things were taken care off immediately.

OP won't KNOW, until an accounting is provided, which she is entitled to. 

Message 9 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

ATT is reporting the wrong amount to the CA .   I tried talking to ATT and they are not budging on working with me at all with the amount.  

They definetly sold this account to a CA and they said they can't help me anymore.

I will never ever ever use ATT again!  Everytime I call they give me a different answer of why I owe these fees and they said cause its a year old they cant even see why I owe these fees.

I think I might try a PFD to the CA for half the amount they say I owe and see what happens.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.