cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA lying about age of debt(verfied with OC)

tag
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

CA lying about age of debt(verfied with OC)

Called Sprint and they verified the debt is from 2007, and CA is posting as 2009. I believe they did this after I called them and asked them to remove it to be jerks(would love to use another word, but i'll keep it PC lol).

I feel tempted to call them and say delete it or I am suing or should I just send a letter? either way this debt should be removed period, it was deleted from TU, and EQ a while ago, but somehow they not only kept it on EX but re-aged the debt and I am pretty upset about this one.

Any help appreciated.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA lying about age of debt(verfied with OC)

@MrCrabs wrote:

Called Sprint and they verified the debt is from 2007, and CA is posting as 2009. I believe they did this after I called them and asked them to remove it to be jerks(would love to use another word, but i'll keep it PC lol).

I feel tempted to call them and say delete it or I am suing or should I just send a letter? either way this debt should be removed period, it was deleted from TU, and EQ a while ago, but somehow they not only kept it on EX but re-aged the debt and I am pretty upset about this one.

Any help appreciated.

If the debt is past the exclusion date, dispute it on EX.   If that doesn't resolve it, file a CFPB complaint.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 8
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@MrCrabs wrote:

Any help appreciated.

If the debt is past the exclusion date, dispute it on EX.   If that doesn't resolve it, file a CFPB complaint.

I'm interested how this goes for you. I'm having a similar issue but on EQ. They added 2 mos. on EQ. Deleted from TU & EX. I am in the second dispute for it on EQ, the first time I gave them a copy and proof of receipt that I send a DV and got no response in JANUARY!. They refused to delete. Then I sent them a copy of the entry from EX showing the different DoFD.  Still waiting on that one. Next step is gonna be CFPB.

Good luck to you. It's very frustrating. These CAs will cling until their last breath if they can.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just curious was this a CO from sprint and then they sold it to CA or was it always a collection?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

This is from enhanced recovery solutions, I have them recorded about 4 times, lying each and every time. They say they work for Sprint and don't buy the debt, but sprint themselves say this is from 2007, they now are saying they opened account in 2010, but it is saying opened 2009 and before I called them the first time it said opened 2008.

Probably one I should have left alone, my account is so old with them, the account number doesn't pull anything up, I had to give my social for them to find it. I will dispute with EX then follow through with cfpb as advised earlier and let you guys know how it went. Not sure why they won't delete. They'll never get a penny out of me.
Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 5 of 8
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

Sending my copy of the entry from EX for the CA showing an earlier DoFD on EX than EQ worked in getting EQ to delete mine. Just happened. I sent a screen shot.

If you have a letter from the OC that shows the date has been altered from theirs to what's on your report, I would upload that document for the dispute. YMMV. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's not the way to go.

Good luck!

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The Date Opened reported by a debt collector is simply the date they received collection authority.

It has nothing to do with the age of the debt, and has no effect on credit scoring or credit report exclusion of their collection.

Delinquency on the debt began on the DOFD, which is the date that controls its ultimate credit report exclusion.

It is apparently near the max credit report exclusion period of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD, which was apparently sometime in 2007/

The fact that one or more CRAs have already excluded the collection does not require that all CRAs must also exclude.

Violation would occur if it continues to show in a credit report they issue after 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD,

Message 7 of 8
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Sprint is telling me 2007, they are saying 2008. They are also stating they opened the account in 2010 and my EX says opened in 2009. Their dates are all over the place and nothing the say is matching with my information nor what Sprint themselves have told me.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.