cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA never called me, but I want to PFD. How?

tag
Carpediem24

CA never called me, but I want to PFD. How?

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit. I have had 3 baddies and am trying to get them off by June 2015, in time to buy a new car (when my current lease ends). I have a couple questions that I need help with and am hoping I'll get a solid answer for them here.

1. One of the baddies is a charge off reported by Comcast for an account I signed up for in 2010(but cancelled within a week) because I had to move to a different state. Apparently they did charge me a month's fees and I was truly unaware of this until I got my report directly from Experian (USAA, Identity Guard, Fico etc has never shown this baddy ever). This does not show up on EQ or TU. Its now a CO. I called up Comcast today hoping to negotiate a PFD, but they refused to accept payment saying the account has been sent off to a CA(I would of course send them PFD and ask for a reply through mail before paying). The CA has never contacted me in the last 4 years. Now, how do I negotiate a PFD? How do I approach this effectively? Do I send the letters to the CA or OC? The CO was reported to Experian by the OC and there is no mention of a CA anywhere, but I can only pay to the CA. So, how will a CA remove the entry that OC reported?

2. Another baddie from a credit card CO was dormant since 2008 and now a CA suddenly contacted me 4 months before SOL. May 2015 is when this is supposed to fall of my credit reports(Experian specifically mentions May 2015). Can I send them a request to delete early? Do they oblige? Should I actually dispute the entry or just plain request them to delete it off the report?

3. Unfortunately this baddie is the oldest account in my profile. If this falls off my report, I believe it could affect the AAoA and instead of helping my score, it may actually hurt my score. This account was opened in 2007 and the next oldest is a secured account opened in 2011. Does anyone have an insight on how badly this could hurt my score, if at all my thinking is right?

I'd appreciate if anyone can answer all my questions. Thanks in advance!

Mid 2012 - 560
Mid 2013 - EX: 610 TU: 615; EQ:590
Mid 2014 - EX, TU: 677; EQ:650
Goal Score: Mid 2015 - 720+
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Carpediem24

Re: CA never called me, but I want to PFD. How?

41 Views and no replies? C'mon, someone must know the answers to my questions..... Smiley Happy

Being optimistic!

Mid 2012 - 560
Mid 2013 - EX: 610 TU: 615; EQ:590
Mid 2014 - EX, TU: 677; EQ:650
Goal Score: Mid 2015 - 720+
Message 2 of 4
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

I say you should try contacting the original collector and ask them to recall the collection. Not in my own experience but I've heard the regular CSR will usually say no but sometimes if you ask them to pass on the request to the supervisor ,they can be more helpful.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Carpediem24 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit. I have had 3 baddies and am trying to get them off by June 2015, in time to buy a new car (when my current lease ends). I have a couple questions that I need help with and am hoping I'll get a solid answer for them here.

1. One of the baddies is a charge off reported by Comcast for an account I signed up for in 2010(but cancelled within a week) because I had to move to a different state. Apparently they did charge me a month's fees and I was truly unaware of this until I got my report directly from Experian (USAA, Identity Guard, Fico etc has never shown this baddy ever). This does not show up on EQ or TU. Its now a CO. I called up Comcast today hoping to negotiate a PFD, but they refused to accept payment saying the account has been sent off to a CA(I would of course send them PFD and ask for a reply through mail before paying). The CA has never contacted me in the last 4 years. Now, how do I negotiate a PFD? Call back the OC and demand the CAs information but only after first asking them to recall the collection and settle with them directly.  How do I approach this effectively? If its still within your states SOL full payment will be expected if its outside SOL then a percentage could be negotiated.   Do I send the letters to the CA or OC?  PFDs always go to whomever is reporting the TL The CO was reported to Experian by the OC and there is no mention of a CA anywhere, but I can only pay to the CA. So, how will a CA remove the entry that OC reported? The CA cannot remove anyones TL except their own and vice versa applies to the OC as well.

2. Another baddie from a credit card CO was dormant since 2008 and now a CA suddenly contacted me 4 months before SOL. May 2015 is when this is supposed to fall of my credit reports(Experian specifically mentions May 2015). Can I send them a request to delete early? Do they oblige? Should I actually dispute the entry or just plain request them to delete it off the report? Start calling the CRAs 6 months in advance of the scheduled drop and ask for early exclusion. You do not contact the OC or CA in this case.

3. Unfortunately this baddie is the oldest account in my profile. If this falls off my report, I believe it could affect the AAoA and instead of helping my score, it may actually hurt my score. This account was opened in 2007 and the next oldest is a secured account opened in 2011. Does anyone have an insight on how badly this could hurt my score, if at all my thinking is right? You will lose some points for AAoA but I would rather have the clean report with less score over a tainted one, there is no way to tell you how many points are lost in this. AAoA is only calculated on OC accounts CAs and PRs are excluded.

I'd appreciate if anyone can answer all my questions. Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.