Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA on Reports but Never Make Any Contact with Me

tag
AprilShowers4
New Contributor

CA on Reports but Never Make Any Contact with Me

I have a few collections on my report, they all stemed from whenI lost my job. I just had one pop up on my eq and as a result, my score dropped 21 points. This company has not made any contact with me. Why is it that you can see collections on your reports but they don't correspond to you for money? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: CA on Reports but Never Make Any Contact with Me

@AprilShowers4 wrote:

I have a few collections on my report, they all stemed from whenI lost my job. I just had one pop up on my eq and as a result, my score dropped 21 points. This company has not made any contact with me. Why is it that you can see collections on your reports but they don't correspond to you for money? 

Usually it is because they don't have a current address. Are you in a new location?

Reporting to the CRA is considered collection activity. If they placed it on your credit report, they needed to send you a dunning notification. They could have sent it to and old address.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.