Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reaging account?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA reaging account?!?

I had a credit card that was orginally reporting to my CR. Now they have sold the closed account to a CA. The OC is no longer reporting, but the CA is. It now looks like they have changed the DOFD. Why would that be? I thought it wasn't legal for them to change the DOFD? Any help is needed! Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA reaging account?!?

With this situation should I PFD the CA so its not a baddie anymore? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Swtrandi wrote:
I had a credit card that was orginally reporting to my CR. Now they have sold the closed account to a CA. The OC is no longer reporting, but the CA is. It now looks like they have changed the DOFD. Why would that be? I thought it wasn't legal for them to change the DOFD? Any help is needed! Thanks Smiley Happy

It is illegal to change the DOFD, assuming it was reporting accurately the first time. DOFD is the day you first went late and never recovered. On an OC baddie, it typically looks like a 30 day-60-90-120-CO-etc.etc.etc. The month the 30 first appeared is the DOFD. DOFD is usually the basis for SOL and for CRTP. Therefore, moving the DOFD forward re-ages the account to extend the SOL and extends the CRTP. If your DOFD as listed on your CR pulled directly from EQ changed to an incorrect date or if the drop off date changed on your TU or EX reports to an incorrect date, then it was re-aged. Remember that CRTP is legally 7-7.5 yrs as set by the FCRA and make sure your correct DOFD falls within that period.

Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

What was the name of the CC?  What was the original DOFD and what is the CA reporting now?
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salute Credit Card, which Jefferson CA is now trying to collect! They are saying the DOFD was Dec 2009 when the OC was saying June 2009! I know its not that big of a difference, but everything counts! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.