Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA removed from EX but not TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA removed from EX but not TU

I have a debt w/ a CA that was reporting to my Experian and TransUnion reports. I recently called the OC to inquire about paying them directly and was told I could and I believe they said they'd recall the debt but I'm not sure if they said they'd have it deleted from my reports by the CA or if they'd only delete if from agencies like ChexSystems (its for a closed checking account). Well I was checking my reports today and noticed it was deleted from EX and while calling to get a few EEs was able to confirm it was deleted but not why since I hadn't disputed it. I can only assume the OC recalled it. What is the best course of action to find out why it was removed and to get it removed from my TU as well? I would call the OC but kinda don't wanna be a pest (it's a small credit union so they'll know it's me) and I also don't have the full amount to pay the debt today. My original call was to just see if they could/would recall it and how much they'd want but I haven't been able to come up with the funds yet because I just called Friday.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA removed from EX but not TU

If the deletion occured, it was not done by the creditor, it was done by the party who reported the collection, i.e., the debt collector.

They may have coincidentally deleted for their own, unknown reason, but chances are in view of the scenario, they have had their collection authority terminated.

Debt collectors are instructed under ther credit reporting agreements with the CRAs to delete their collection if their collection authoriyt has been terminated without the debt having been paid.

You can certainly call the debt collector and ask why they deleted their reporting, and if they state it is because their collection authority has been terminated, inquire as to when they are going to also delete with the other CRAs.  Only they can inform you of their own reasons for deletion.

I would probably be a bit more patient and give a couple of months for the dust to settle unless you have a date-critical need for immediate deletion.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA removed from EX but not TU

No I don't have an immediate need for removal. I just got excited about getting some EEs and having some reports deleted so I was curious. I guess I'll give it a little time to see if they go ahead and delete from TU and see if the OC sends anything about terminating the CAs authority. Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.