Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reported after payment instead of agreeing not to report

tag
dang729
Valued Member

CA reported after payment instead of agreeing not to report

A CA contacted me to collect on a debt which had not been reported. They informed me that if the account was paid, they would not report. One month after payment, the CA reported to all three CRA! After a phone call, my account rep apologized and said it would be removed within 30 days.

45 days later, the account was changed from "in collections" to "paid" (this was on 7/14).

On 7/28 I called and talked with him again to let him know it had only updated to paid and had not been deleted. He said that he would resubmit and it should be deleted off my account.

Can you please advise as to how long I should wait before I take further action?

What other actions can I take if the account is not removed? I'm afraid it's just going to be brushed off and it will be on my reports until 2019!

Please note that I have all bank records of payment, phone call transactions and changes on my reports as proof of what has happened. The CA always declined putting everything in writing.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
growing123
Regular Contributor

Re: CA reported after payment instead of agreeing not to report

If they don't delete then you could file a complaint with BBB citing that didn't honor their word. 

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 2 of 10
dang729
Valued Member

How long would you recommend I wait? Is there a way to expedite this? I'm in the market to replace my 96 Honda Civic with 280k miles.
Message 3 of 10
growing123
Regular Contributor

The end of August would have given them another 30 days, so if still no deletion by then, I would file complaint.  Hopefull they delete, but if they don't, be sure to detail everything in your complaint as you did in your post.  Good luck!

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 4 of 10
dursty87
Established Contributor

I personally wouldn't have the patience to wait any longer seeing as they didn't keep their word twice now.  I would just file the complaint and see what happens.

Message 5 of 10
kittywitty
Contributor

what is the name of the collection agency?

Message 6 of 10
dang729
Valued Member

The name is Arnold Scott Harris. It's for a two missed IL tollways.
Message 7 of 10
kittywitty
Contributor

oh my tolls reported to credit bureau, that's aweful. i would keep calling asking them to remove and  if not complain with BBB.

Message 8 of 10
dang729
Valued Member

Just to follow up for any future myficoers whom deal with Arnold scott Harris - it took two separate bbb complaints for them to remove both collections that they reported.

The process took almost 8 months, but when they finally deleted, it took less than 10 days for TU to update. I got a 31 point increase on my credit karma.
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You could also simply file a civil action for breach of oral contract.

That would entitle you to request, as part of per-trial discovery, any notes or tapes related to your conversation with them.

I would presume they would delete after your filing rather than proceed and have to address your discovery request with the court.......

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.