cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reported to new CRAs after dispute...

tag
Geochk
Valued Member

CA reported to new CRAs after dispute...

I had some collection accounts reported on EQ that were pre-BK 7. They were reporting 32 times so I disputed them with EQ as duplicates. The next thing I know, I get an alert from my CMS telling me that 16 CA accounts had been reported to EX! Ack! I'm assuming EQ found that half of them were valid? They were from an old bounced check, pre BK. I certainly didn't write 16 bad checks though! And the BK was in August of 2009. Is it usual for all of the sudden these to be reporting? Are they going to affect my score since they are all iiB? Should I even worry about it? Thanks....

Augghhh! Just as I am getting all my baddies removed. :-(

Starting Score: 519
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CA reported to new CRAs after dispute...

Do they say included in BK?

Do they all have the same account number and from the same CA?

What was the basis for the dispute?

Message 2 of 4
Geochk
Valued Member

They do all say iiB. I disputed as duplicate accounts. They are all showing the same account number, but there are some xxxs so I'm not totally sure. The only difference is some are showing DOFD as 8/2008 and some are showing 9/2008.

Starting Score: 519
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would dispute directly with the CA reporting them.  Unless you had 16 bad checks out it should only be one TL.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.