Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting account they no longer have

tag
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

CA reporting account they no longer have

Sooooo...I have three paid medical collections.  They were paid directly to the OC.  When I called the CA to pay they couldn't find the account and told me to call the OC.  Called the OC, local hospital, and was told that the CA did have the accounts previously but the OC brought all of those accounts into their in-house collections.  Btw, this is from 2008...not sure how long ago they were brought in-house.  Anyway, I couldn't pay the OC because I was past they calendar year's deadline to pay so it was sent to the Tax Account so that my state tax return would be garnished to pay it.  Fine, so long as it got paid.  All of the other bills from 2008 I paid personally to the OC.  I owe them nothing and they sent receipts to show it.

CA is still reportig to CRAs.  Disputed it with EQ and they updated one to paid and said the other was still unpaid.  I was 38 hot!!!  Called EQ and filed another dispute and discussed the story and the documents I had to fax to them.  Also, filed a BBB complaint against CA today.  Filed BBB complaint against OC Sunday.  Also sent a letter to the privacy officer at OC...you know, "the process that shall not be named on this board."  Hopefully, something will shake loose and get this deleted.  The audacity of this CA!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA reporting account they no longer have

@nativenyer wrote:

Sooooo...I have three paid medical collections.  They were paid directly to the OC.  When I called the CA to pay they couldn't find the account and told me to call the OC.  Called the OC, local hospital, and was told that the CA did have the accounts previously but the OC brought all of those accounts into their in-house collections.  Btw, this is from 2008...not sure how long ago they were brought in-house.  Anyway, I couldn't pay the OC because I was past they calendar year's deadline to pay so it was sent to the Tax Account so that my state tax return would be garnished to pay it.  Fine, so long as it got paid.  All of the other bills from 2008 I paid personally to the OC.  I owe them nothing and they sent receipts to show it.

CA is still reportig to CRAs.  Disputed it with EQ and they updated one to paid and said the other was still unpaid.  I was 38 hot!!!  Called EQ and filed another dispute and discussed the story and the documents I had to fax to them.  Also, filed a BBB complaint against CA today.  Filed BBB complaint against OC Sunday.  Also sent a letter to the privacy officer at OC...you know, "the process that shall not be named on this board."  Hopefully, something will shake loose and get this deleted.  The audacity of this CA!

If they were recalled by the OC which evidently they were they have to delete.. If the BBB fails move to the CFPB.

Message 2 of 3
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Re: CA reporting account they no longer have

Thanks!  Will do!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.