Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting as open, 120 days late Nov 2011

tag
3MV
New Contributor

CA reporting as open, 120 days late Nov 2011

I have a collection account with Asset Acceptance for $213, currently waiting on DV from them (last activity was 1/2006, no idea what is was for).  It was reporting as a revolving acct on EQ, causing my util to be high so I disputed with EQ and the balance is no longer counting in my ITIL. It is still listed under the acct section of my report and now it is reporting 120 days late as of Nov 2011. Can they do that? I thought only the OC could report payment status. What should I do about it? 

Starting Score: 539 EQ 11/1/2011
Current Score: 648 EQ SW , 670 TU SW, 654 EX (MTG Pull 8/19/2013)

**It's a marathon not a sprint**
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA reporting as open, 120 days late Nov 2011

You are correct, debt collectors dont have codes to report monthly delinquencies, as you dont have an account with them, and dont have monthly delinquencies in the credit reporting sense with a debt collector.

I assume that the OC has never reported to your CR.  In that case, it would not be a simple matter of your CR mixing the listing of OC adverse items under the collections heading, so there is something wrong.  Usually, they come from the OC portion of your credit file, but that is apparently not the case in your situation.

Yes, I would file a dispute with the CRA, asserting the inaccuracy in the inclusion of monthly delinquencies in your CR when only a debt collector has reported on the debt.

Message 2 of 5
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Asset Acceptance is horrible........ Worst CA out there hands down.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

I agree with Robert however I had to go all the way to filing

a complaint with the BBB and the state attorney general to

get the 120+ day late and other messed up reporting issues

from Asset off my CR.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can, if you want to put some pressure on the CRA, send them a request under FCRA 609(a)(1) and (2), requiring them to identify the specific reporting in your credit file that records a delinquency on the OC account..... by reporting code, date reported, and the name of the reporting party....How did the debt collector get it in your file?

Section 609(a) compels the CRA to provide to the consumer any information reported to their credit file.

(Requests under section 609(a) require a fee of $11.00, so if you want to obtain that information, be sure to include payment of their processing fee)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.