cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting without my social security possibly HELP!

tag
demode1204

CA reporting without my social security possibly HELP!

Hello,

I'm a long time lurker and newbie to the boards and need some advise on the below.

I recently saw a trade line pop up on my credit report from Diversified Consulting. After further researching I have discovered that it belongs to an old T-Mobile line I had shared with an ex. I recently called the T-Mobile to confirm who's social was on file as I didn't remember and to my surprise they where not able to confirm my last four, she was telling me it was off by one digit. Being that I don't know my exs social by heart I'm assuming they either have a typo on mine or it's hers that they have on file.

I have a couple questions regarding this unique situation:

1. How can the CA add this to my credit report without having my social?

2. Whats the proper procedure for a dispute in this scenario? 

Any help is highly appreciated!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA reporting without my social security possibly HELP!

Creditors can engage in skip tracing  and with a minimal amount of info they can report. I don't know if they still do this, but Target used to offer their CC with a mere swipe of your debit card and your SSN wasn't needed. Or take AUs as an example; most won't ask for your SSN and it reports anyway.

If the debt is not yours, then try a dispute. If yours, then send a DV to the CA. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

Message 2 of 3
demode1204

Re: CA reporting without my social security possibly HELP!

@IIecs it's my exs but I guess technically mine as I got it for her. I'll preprare a DV immidiately and if confirmed follow up with a PFD. I'm not reading many success stories from Diversified Consulting and PFDs but i'll keep my fingers crossed. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.