cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA sent verification 49 days following request...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA sent verification 49 days following request...

Do I have any recourse here?  I sent a request for validation to the CA on 05/10/10 (CMRRR).  They received on 05/12/10.  Today, I receive a printout of the account information in the mail, postmarked 07/01/10. 

I have attempted everything with this CA, including an offer to PIF in exchange for a complete deletion of information.

Did they violate any laws by not responding within the 30 day time frame?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA sent verification 49 days following request...

@Anonymous wrote:

Do I have any recourse here?  I sent a request for validation to the CA on 05/10/10 (CMRRR).  They received on 05/12/10.  Today, I receive a printout of the account information in the mail, postmarked 07/01/10. 

I have attempted everything with this CA, including an offer to PIF in exchange for a complete deletion of information.

Did they violate any laws by not responding within the 30 day time frame?

Thank you!

Unless you live in Texas there is no 30 day time limit for a CA to respond to a DV. They never have to answer but until they do all collection activity must stop.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA sent verification 49 days following request...

Thank you!  I live in Illinois, not Texas.  I don't mind paying this, but want a full deletion in exchange.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.