cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA shows paid on dispute, can GW for removal?

tag
DubbaYou
Valued Member

CA shows paid on dispute, can GW for removal?

I had been fighting with Scott Lowery (Collect America) and after I proved they were using deceptive tactics in a BBB complaint, they changed the item to "Paid" in mycredit report.

My question is, do you think I can try a GW for removal on this?  If they list it as "paid", then they cannot try and collect on it again if I recontact them about deleting the tradeline?  I don't want to awake a sleeping bear on this, and am worried since I did not actually pay them, just prove they acted improperly.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: CA shows paid on dispute, can GW for removal?

@DubbaYou wrote:

I had been fighting with Scott Lowery (Collect America) and after I proved they were using deceptive tactics in a BBB complaint, they changed the item to "Paid" in mycredit report.

My question is, do you think I can try a GW for removal on this?  If they list it as "paid", then they cannot try and collect on it again if I recontact them about deleting the tradeline?  I don't want to awake a sleeping bear on this, and am worried since I did not actually pay them, just prove they acted improperly.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

You filed a complaint with the BBB for deceptive practices against them. They were collecting on a debt, they responded by changing their Trade Line to show paid? Did you pay them? If not then they violated the FDCPA and FCRA laws by doing that.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.