cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA sold off debt to another CA. Debt was already PFD.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA sold off debt to another CA. Debt was already PFD.

So I was here some time ago, working on getting some collections cleared up, including 3 accounts through Commonwealth Financial for one account. Yes, that's right, one hospital bill for $476 managed to get me 3 collection accounts with one CA.

Conveniently, 2 accounts with a $476 balance and 1 with a $221 balance. We'd only had one trip to the hospital over a period of several years and insurance covered most of it. Apparently, insurance didn't want to pay for $500 worth of bandages and guaze.

I contacted Commonwealth and the lady I spoke with said that one $476 account was showing closed and had likely been sold off and then they bought it back and assigned a new account #. She agreed the $221 was also from the same account. She offered a PFD for $100. I took it just to be done. All was well for almost a year. 

Then a new collection account showed up for $476, from Commonwealth. Disputed with CRAs. Removed from all. Now I've got NE Credit Collections showing up for, you guessed it, $476. Same medical company, same bill, different CA. Only showing on Equifax so far.  What do I do this time? File another dispute? Call the CA? Ride it out for the next year so I don't have to get so stressed out?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CA sold off debt to another CA. Debt was already PFD.

Send them a copy of the settlement papers with a demand to C&D and remove any credit reporting.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA sold off debt to another CA. Debt was already PFD.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.