cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA still reporting after OC recalls account!

tag
andrew783
Established Member

CA still reporting after OC recalls account!

I had a checking account that was overdrafted and closed by BofA. It was sent to collections, I tried doing PFD to no avail. So I called BofA and told them that I would PIF and they agreed to take the payment, I figured since OC takes payment CA has no right to the account, and that's what I was reassured at BofA. BofA accepted payment and recalled the account.

Fast forward to today, when the CA still is reporting as a collection, but with a 0 balance. They have denied my requests to remove it, saying that it stays there no matter that I paid BofA directly.

So my question is, can the CA still report or is there a way that I can force them to remove?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA still reporting after OC recalls account!

Contact the bank & tell them that you were told that the bank would pull back the assignment from the CA when you PIFd the account. Which you did!  Now it is being reported by the CA.  See if they will make the CA delete it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA still reporting after OC recalls account!

In theory it can. In practice, it's bad. I would GW BofA to ask them why their CA is still reporting and to remove it. Start from there.

Who's the CA? forcing their hands directly might be hard.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.