Contributor
music2hisears

CA still showing balance for paid medical

I recently paid off a couple of medical bills directly with the OC. The checks were cashed within 2 days of me mailing them, so I know they accepted them without dispute. However, the CA still shows them as having a balance due. I only know this because one of them updated and alerted the credit monitoring. What should I do about these and should I contact the CA?

Also, I have 2 more to pay. Should I PFD those 2? They are both at $100 each. 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: EQ 672 TU 682 EX 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
cassembler

Re: CA still showing balance for paid medical

Sounds like they haven't updated the balance(s) yet. give it more time, couple weeks or so.

"Credit is purely a cash flow tool. Thinking of credit as extra money you didn't have before makes it an EXPENSIVE cash flow tool."
Frequent Contributor
currentlywinning

Re: CA still showing balance for paid medical

I would contact the OC and ask them to remove the TL's being that they cashed the checks and the amount is STILL showing. I hope you have a bank statement or your carbon copies in case they want to play dumb!

And yes, try PFD's with the others but get the agreement in WRITTING before paying a dime!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+