cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA that showed a negative flag no longer does. I'm curious.

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Re: CA that showed a negative flag no longer does. I'm curious.

Yes. i got it has a negative effect on my score. But what I'm trying to understand is, will my score go down? this is the one that I'd paid in full a few days ago. 

Message 11 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Ohhhh.  Got it. 

Is the account showing in the collection section or the account section?  When is the last time it was updated?

Message 12 of 15
legacys7
Regular Contributor

What you see in the cut n paste is the last time that it was updated. It was updated on May 1st 2013. That update was before my score increased three times. 

When I'd first got my score late April of this year, it wasn't good. So I kept a monitor on it. My score started going up before I'd paid off the two CA. Initially, the CA that I had deleted off of my report and the one that you see on here were both in the collection section. Strangly, neither are there. I know why the other isn't there. Paid and delete. But the other one just got paid a few days ago. But it hasn't even gone into the system yet. AND, there is no longer the negative flag.  

I have a copy of the payment. I made a pdf of the transaction of the one that you see on here. Oddly, I went to my bank account online to see if the processing payment had been finalized. It's no longer in the system. So I'd decided to call the bank and asked about this. They'd pointed out the CA hadn't collected to money, so it shows as not in their system anymore. She stated that they more than likely will collect it the next business day where it'll show up again. SO, if they b.s. me, I have a copy proof and a recorded conversation with the person that I'd called the same day, stating that she has record of it. 

I got off of track here. Answering your question above will hopefully answer mine regarding the paid statement for the later CA that was paid 4 days ago, paid in full. Again, this was paid in full, after my credit increase and after the first CA that was deleted off of my report. So hopefully paying this CA in full will not lower my credit report when it does show up on my reports. That's what I'm trying to find out. 

Message 13 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Paying it should have no impact on your score.  It last updated this month so it is not dormant.

If it isn't in the collection section but in the account section, your score will probably go up when paid.  Not sure why some end up there but they do.  Those are also generally factored into your utilization.  Again, don't know why.

Message 14 of 15
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Agreed. I'm learning something new everyday about this credit report game. After my last credit increase, that particular CA was posted lastweek on my Fico where it was pointed out that my latest report of a non payment with them may have had an effect on my score, but due to some other positive factors, those outweighed it, due to the CA report getting older where it's having less impact. More than likely it was the two big credit increase on my credit cards, having not missed a payment in several years and the paid and delete with the other. Anyways, I'll check back on it and see where it goes from there. Can't wait for 2016. It'll be gone off of my report. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.