Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA timing on adding collection to your CR

tag
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

CA timing on adding collection to your CR

Does anyone else get the distinct feeling that CAs watch your report for any sign that your score is improving and take that as a sign from above that it is the perfect time to add the collection to your CR so as to knock you back down when you start to stand up? I had a med collection added to mine a couple weeks ago that the CA explicitly told me they had had it for over a year before they "decided" to add it to my CR. I better stop typing before I start cursing.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CA timing on adding collection to your CR

Message 2 of 7
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yes I paid it. Just seems like a low down dirty way to do buisness. If they had just sent me a bill I woulda paid it straight away. I had no idea I even owed a bill. I usually get a EOB from insurance when I owe more than they cover. For whatever reason..I didn't on this one.
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is low down.  Since they use reporting to the CRAs as a tactic to get you to pay, I see no reason to report a paid in full one from over a year ago.

Was it a big CA?  Try writing a letter to the corporate office and tell them you understand they are a CA but, you paid this debt a year ago and see no reason to report it now.

Message 4 of 7
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

I think they are called healthcare receivables. Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try.
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did they wait to report, then you paid after their reporting, or did you pay and then they reported a paid collection?

Message 6 of 7
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

I paid then they reported I believe. I checked my CRs like 2 days before and it wasn't on there then I got an alert from score watch that showed a new collection and it was them but it showed paid.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.