cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA trying to collect on one they don't have?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

CA trying to collect on one they don't have?

I got an OC to recall a bill from a CA over a year ago and made payment to the OC and paid it off.  The CA is still trying to collect on it.  Any input?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: CA trying to collect on one they don't have?

Do you have documentation to prove u paid the oc? If so I wld think u cld just file a dispute with the credit companies and get it removed.

Message 2 of 11
Shellie
Valued Contributor

The OC pulled it back over a year ago.  I paid the OC directly.  It should be easy to get proof that it is paid.  It isn't being reported any where.  The CA mailed me letters trying to collect on the other medicals I have with them and they always include the recalled one and try to say I owe it to them also. 

Message 3 of 11
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

You should def get the proof that it has been paid and keep it on file. If you paid in full I would just ignore the CA since its not reporting and keep the proof so that u can dispute it if it ever does show up. 

Message 4 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Send the CA a Cease and Desist letter. 

Message 5 of 11
Shellie
Valued Contributor

This CA has the 3 unpaid medicals I have left.  I want those deleted after I pay them.  If I send a cease and desist letter wouldn't that affect my chances on getting the others deleted?

Message 6 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Cease and Desist would only be for that one account. It will not harm the other accounts they have.

Message 7 of 11
Shellie
Valued Contributor

You don't think it would make them less willing to delete?

Message 8 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would not send a C & D if you want to work with them on getting the others removed.  Yes, it could tick them off.

Have you sent documentation to them showing it was paid to the OC and recalled last year?  Are you 100% sure it was recalled?  Are they trying to collect the entire amount?

Message 9 of 11
Shellie
Valued Contributor

The OC said they recalled it and I paid them directly.  Nothing reports on my credit.  The original balance was $500 something and they want $130.  The letter is dated from Oct 2013 so I assume that maybe that was the balance at that time?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.