Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA will delete one (of 2 ) accts!

tag
Simpleton
New Contributor

CA will delete one (of 2 ) accts!

BUT it's the 4yr old one.  I have one from May 08' that I really wanted to get deleted too and that's the one I specified more.  These are both paid medical accts.

I got a letter in the mail today saying they will delete the older one.

True Credit reports all 3 bureaus reporting both, but here, only EQ shows both.  All 3 have the newer one showing.

I know beggars can't be chosers and I'm very greatful for their help.  Should I pursue with getting the newer one off?  I'm wondering if I should call her. She said "If you have any questions feel free to call me."  Somehow, I'm not feeling very "free".

What would you do?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: CA will delete one (of 2 ) accts!

If these are med collesctions...do the HIPAA process!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 12
Simpleton
New Contributor

I thought the HIPAA process was for UNpaid med collections?  I can do it for closed accounts??
Message Edited by Simpleton on 07-16-2009 04:17 PM
Message 3 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure.....I just know "of" it.  I've never had to use it.

Read up on it here.  You can no longer ask questions, but there is a ton of info

HIPAA

Message 4 of 12
Simpleton
New Contributor

The HIPAA process will not work if the CA was paid. 

Are all collections equal, or do older ones not hurt so much?

I wonder what I should do?

Message 5 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Older ones don't hurt as much... What's the DOFD?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why wouldn't you use the HIPAA process?  As long as it's paid, the CA has no 'business purpose' to report your med collection, right?  That means they have to remove it.  I say HIPAA it up!  It can't hurt, can it?
Message 7 of 12
Simpleton
New Contributor

I read that it doesn't work if it was turned over to collections and you paid the CA. 

There are a few of my accounts that have been paid but still report my lates.  They can report closed accounts for 7.5 years paid or not.  Just like credit cards do.  I don't know. I don't even understand the HPAA process and I've read it many times. Opt out of my credit cards?  What does that even mean?   Grrr.

Nevermind.  I suppose I'll just get the guts to call her someday and ask her to remove the new one.

Message 8 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Opting out means that ccc's cannot share information such as your name, address, ph# etc.  They already cannot share SSN & the like.

You can also opt out w the CRA's where they cannot share your info either.  Keeps new CA's from getting your address, ph# etc.  IF you happen to have any skeletons out there you'd rather keep in the closet!

Message 9 of 12
Simpleton
New Contributor

Ok, Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I'll look into HIPAA further and see if I can find something concrete.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.