Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA won't PFD

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

CA won't PFD

I have been trying to get a CA to accept payment in return for removal. When I call I ask if I pay the full amount will they agree to remove the account from my CR and they say "we'll try," which means no. I ask them to send a letter in writing agreeing to pay for removal and they never send it. They do however send threatening letters asking "why do I ignore the debt." Any ideas what tack to take? I have called 4 times. They are a small company in Lewiston Idaho and when I ask for a supervisor they say you are speaking to me. If I pay it, it dings my score and if they will not PFD they will not GW removal either. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA won't PFD

Paid or unpaid it wont do anything for your fico score, but having it paid is better in the long run. Plus when lender manually look inot  your report, and it showe paid then its good thing.  IF the CA wont delete then you dont have any other choice.

Have you look and make sure the CA registered and license in your state in order to collect debt from  you?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.