Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CACH, LLC BBB response to a BBB complaint

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CACH, LLC BBB response to a BBB complaint

@AvaMommy wrote:

Basically and itsirratating. I am just lost on what to do. If it wass mine I would own up to it. But is not mine

Have you filed a police report yet? If not, do so now and re-file a dispute with a copy of that police report. That'll clear it up.

Per the FDCPA, you have 30 days from their initial collection letter to mail a DV letter to the CA (CACH). Once they verify with the name of the OC, contact info, balance owed, and a copy of the judgment if sued, then they can continue to call, harass, etc. Per the FDCPA, they don't have to provide the items requested like SOL, registered agent info, etc. They also have an unlimited time to validate. They can take a week, 30 days, a year, etc. (side note and no joke...sent a DV to a CA and they validated a year later). They are saying they validated in March which means they can continue to report, call, etc. If they never mailed a response as you mentioned, then there could be an issue there, but the attorney can respond on their behalf for your DV request. I'm getting off track....send in a police report. I'd probably send one to the CA too.

Message 11 of 16
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

llecs...I have tried the Police report angle...and they state ther eis nothing they can do since the account is from 2008. Should I just try again?  I was told to place a comment on all 3 Credit reorts staing this is not mine....should I???

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 12 of 16
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

I don't see where a police report would come in handy.....It's possible it is an old account that has been passed along possibly.......

Starting Score: 7/12 545 EX (PSECU)
Current Score: 689 EX (PSECU) / EQ 697 / TU 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@acrylic51 wrote:

I don't see where a police report would come in handy.....It's possible it is an old account that has been passed along possibly.......

No the account is not mine..never old etc. It from a GEMB acct Bassett furniture...WHen the card was opened and use I was deployed...so it could never be since I was overseas

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 14 of 16
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Your DD214 should/could possibly show your deployment......A copy of old orders showing your deployment period should provide proof as well, that you were not in country.

Starting Score: 7/12 545 EX (PSECU)
Current Score: 689 EX (PSECU) / EQ 697 / TU 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@AvaMommy wrote:

llecs...I have tried the Police report angle...and they state ther eis nothing they can do since the account is from 2008. Should I just try again?  I was told to place a comment on all 3 Credit reorts staing this is not mine....should I???

I'd try again and work my way through the police chief if needed. Outside of credit junkies on here, not many people pull their report every month, year, years, etc. I've personally not pulled my CRs for 6-7 years because I never had a need to do so. It doesn't make the theft any less valid because you didn't know about it (via OC statements, CAs preceeding CACH, lack of CR pulls, etc.). Maybe the crook paid a dollar on it recently resetting the SOL by which to be sued. You don't know and that's why a police report is very important.

I'd skip the comment. It won't do anything to your score or how you are seen by lenders.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.