Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN SOMEONE PLEEEEASE CLARIFY??

tag
skeetch
New Contributor

CAN SOMEONE PLEEEEASE CLARIFY??

I am not sure exactly where this is supposed to go ... So I'll post it here and hope that someone has an answer.

I have been reading all kinds of things about some sub prime credit cards that have been listed on people's credit reports that were supposed to be deleted because of an FTC ruling.

Does anyone have a list of these cards??? That is where all of my credit troubles began and if I can get them delteted off of my report I'm sure I would be in the upper 600's!!

I had all kinds of those cards! Continental, Salute, First Bank of Deleware.... And then I also have all of them charged off to Midland -- How can I get Midland off of my report as well? Everything is scheduled to fall off in October of 2015 but I would love to have these things removed sooner so I can get on with my life!

IN YOUR RESPONSES PLEASE TRY NOT TO USE ABBREVIATIONS AS I AM NEW TO THE FORUM AND DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL OF THEM.

THANKS!!

Starting Score: 612
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEEEEASE CLARIFY??

@skeetch wrote:

I am not sure exactly where this is supposed to go ... So I'll post it here and hope that someone has an answer.

I have been reading all kinds of things about some sub prime credit cards that have been listed on people's credit reports that were supposed to be deleted because of an FTC ruling.

Does anyone have a list of these cards??? That is where all of my credit troubles began and if I can get them delteted off of my report I'm sure I would be in the upper 600's!!

I had all kinds of those cards! Continental, Salute, First Bank of Deleware.... And then I also have all of them charged off to Midland -- How can I get Midland off of my report as well? Everything is scheduled to fall off in October of 2015 but I would love to have these things removed sooner so I can get on with my life!

IN YOUR RESPONSES PLEASE TRY NOT TO USE ABBREVIATIONS AS I AM NEW TO THE FORUM AND DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL OF THEM.

THANKS!!

Where did you read all this?? If it is real you can look up the official case ruling and judgment, print it off and mail it to the CRAs demanding that they be deleted.

Message 2 of 17
skeetch
New Contributor

I read it in some of the other threads on this forum -- I believe the rebuilding credit forum?

Message 3 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Seems dubious to me that there was a general "ruling" that would require deletion of accurate reporting.

The FTC could bring legal action seeking such an order as it pertains to specific violations, or they could obtain a consent decree with a party prior to legal action wherein a furnisher agrees to delete certain information that the FTC has questioned.  

I highly doubt that any such order or decree would extend to any accurate reporting.

Message 5 of 17
notfancy
Valued Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/2008-RULING-on-FTC-vs-Jefferson-Capital-compu... here is one of the posts you are referencing. I can't find the others with better links and such in them but it's a start to narrow down your search.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 6 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, there are rulings from the FTC that cover several cards opened during a certain time frame.  And the ruling does indicate those accounts must be deleted.

Message 7 of 17
skeetch
New Contributor

t q is... w c??

Message 8 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 17
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Final FTC order re: Jefferson Capital/CompuCredit

For those of us with old CompuCredit accounts, here is the link to the FTC rulings that everyone has been asking about.

FTC Press Release :  http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2008/12/subprime-credit-card-marketer-provide-least-11...

Jefferson Capital [PDF] : http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2008/12/081219compucreditstiporderjefferson.p...  (Relevant information is in Section II "Credit Reporting", page 11)

CompuCredit [PDF] : http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2008/12/081219compucreditstiporder.pdf  (Relevant information is in Section II-F "Credit Reporting", page 11)

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.