Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN SOMEONE PLEEEEASE CLARIFY??

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Final FTC order re: Jefferson Capital/CompuCredit

@NWintellectual wrote:

For those of us with old CompuCredit accounts, here is the link to the FTC rulings that everyone has been asking about.

FTC Press Release :  http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2008/12/subprime-credit-card-marketer-provide-least-11...

Jefferson Capital [PDF] : http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2008/12/081219compucreditstiporderjefferson.p...  (Relevant information is in Section II "Credit Reporting", page 11)

CompuCredit [PDF] : http://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/2008/12/081219compucreditstiporder.pdf  (Relevant information is in Section II-F "Credit Reporting", page 11)

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Oone of my accounts fell under this ruling and it was never taken care of, so my BBB complaints went out tonight about them. 

Message 11 of 17
Season79
Contributor

I just realized that the judgment i am working on now, involves the Aspire Visa from this time frame. What should i do now?? Could i have this dismissed through the courts??

Message 12 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Season79 wrote:

I just realized that the judgment i am working on now, involves the Aspire Visa from this time frame. What should i do now?? Could i have this dismissed through the courts??

You sure can, print out the ftc ruling and show it to the judge. I sued Midland last year in October 2013 for trying to collect on a Aspire card I had at that time and they lost in court. I got $1k from the suit and they had to delete and eat the account themselves.

Message 13 of 17
Season79
Contributor

The judgment was filed back in 2007, just fell of my CR's this past month. I have been trying to work with law office to pay it... but then i came across this information. I never even knew about it.... did you hire a lawyer?? Can i just go do to the court house and file a motion to dismiss and use FTC Ruling as the reason?

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN!!! That is fantastic news!

Message 14 of 17
psjhvac79
New Contributor

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEEEEASE CLARIFY??

YES! I also had a aspire card in this ruling . It's still reporting on my CR. I have disputed and it comes by verified. I don't know who to contact on the matter. Does Jefferson own all compucredit aspire accounts. My card CO but I paid it before it was put into collections. I cant find anything on the company now.
Message 15 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Yes, I had a consumer attorney who specializes in the FDCPA, FCRA. Judgements can be renewed FYI. 

Message 16 of 17
Season79
Contributor

Ii did learn from this WONDERFUL site that the judgment can be renewed. I originally contacted the lawyer who had this judgment, because i wanted to settle it now and had the ability to offer a large amount to pay it off. The judgment from 2007 stated it was owed by Asset Acceptance, contacted the original lawyer from docket information, he stated the judgment was bought by Midland... contacted that atty. and was told that the judgment was bought by Eltman, Eltman and Cooper. Called that office this morning and offered an amount, the rep is suppose to call me back if they accept. But, i think i may just contact a lawyer now and try to figure out if there is another route to take with this...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.