Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE EMAIL

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

CAP ONE EMAIL

Hey guys.  I'm about to send the following email to the Cap One Email address, let me know what you think, if I should add/subract anything.  Basically, there is a judgement against me from 2011.  I am applying to the Army Reserves as an officer and I want this judgement GONE YESTERDAY!  Should I mention this fact as well?  Try to gain more sympathy?   You think they'll go for it?  Then I will GW the heck out of them afterwards.  I don't wanna be too gready and I hear they don't really go for PFDs anyway, I honestly want the judgement gone more than anything (not even for the credit reason necissarily)  Thanks everyone!!

Good afternoon.  I am writing in reference to an account that I have found on my credit report and would like to get it taken care of ASAP.  The account # is *** (all I can find on the report).  It appears that there is also a judgement in ******** that is associated with this account, for $1371.  While I am not admitting this is mine, I am trying to get this taken care of so that I can get my credit back on track.  If you are able to view this account, you will see that I had the card for several years and paid on time for a very long time prior to the issues that lead to closure of the account.  When I went to school, I was no longer able to pay all my bills and being naive about how it would affect my future I ignored all contact from the creditors, rather than trying to take care of my bills.  I now realize my mistakes and I am willing to work out a deal to get this taken care of right now.  I would be willing to split to difference ( A one time payment of $600 as soon as I receive written confirmation), all I ask for in return is the judgement at the ****  courthouse be vacated immediately.  I was out of the country at the time for school, so it was not possible for me to be properly served.  Rather than drag this out any further, I would like to settle this and get it taken care of, as I'm sure you would too.   I know that you have written this off years ago, so this would benefit both of us.  I really appreciate your time.  Just let me know what type of payment would be acceptable and how to get it to you.  Have a good day!

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP ONE EMAIL

@JimBo99 wrote:

Hey guys.  I'm about to send the following email to the Cap One Email address, let me know what you think, if I should add/subract anything.  Basically, there is a judgement against me from 2011.  I am applying to the Army Reserves as an officer and I do not want this judgement GONE YESTERDAY!  Should I mention this fact as well?  Try to gain more sympathy?   You think they'll go for it?  Then I will GW the heck out of them afterwards.  I don't wanna be too gready and I hear they don't really got for PFD, I honestly want the judgement gone more than anything (not even for the credit reason necissarily)  Thanks everyone!!

Good afternoon.  I am writing in reference to an account that I have found on my credit report and would like to get it taken care of ASAP.  The account # is *** (all I can find on the report).  It appears that there is also a judgement in ******** that is associated with this account, for $1371.  While I am not admitting this is mine, I am trying to get this taken care of so that I can get my credit back on track.  If you are able to view this account, you will see that I had the card for several years and paid on time for a very long time prior to the issues that lead to closure of the account.  When I went to school, I was no longer able to pay all my bills and being naive about how it would affect my future I ignored all contact from the creditors, rather than trying to take care of my bills.  I now realize my mistakes and I am willing to work out a deal to get this taken care of right now.  I would be willing to split to difference ( A one time payment of $600 as soon as I receive written confirmation), all I ask for in return is the judgement at the ****  courthouse be vacated immediately.  I was out of the country at the time for school, so it was not possible for me to be properly served.  Rather than drag this out any further, I would like to settle this and get it taken care of, as I'm sure you would too.   I know that you have written this off years ago, so this would benefit both of us.  I really appreciate your time.  Just let me know what type of payment would be acceptable and how to get it to you.  Have a good day!

Just so we're clear, is the debt yours?

Message 2 of 4
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Yes, the Cap One account is mine. I really was out of the country, so I really didnt know about the judgement until I started to work on my credit about a month or so ago.  I haven't had a job bc I was in school up until last Summer, hence the mess I am currently in. 

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimBo99 wrote:

Yes, the Cap One account is mine. I really was out of the country, so I really didnt know about the judgement until I started to work on my credit about a month or so ago.  I haven't had a job bc I was in school up until last Summer, hence the mess I am currently in. 

Offering to settle is a good call if you can't afford the entire debt. However, they don't have to power to remove the judgement from your public record. Only the courts can do that. I'm a little unclear of what processes there are to get items removed from public record, it's different in every state. After you settle the debt, I'd talk to the court about what your options are, or read through the laws yourself.

If it's really stopping you from moving forward in your career, talk to a lawyer who specializes in consumer finance.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.