Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD BAD DEBT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD BAD DEBT

HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE A CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD THAT HAS BEEN CHARGE OFF AND ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR ON 2006 BUT IT'S BEEN 3 YRS SINCE IT WAS CLOSED. I PULLED MY CC AND SHOWING A BALANCE OF $1749 BUT WHEN IT CLOSED ON 2006 THE BALANCE WAS $914,IT SEEMS LIKE THEY'RE CHARGING AN INTEREST EVERY MONTH.  YET THERE IS NO INFO IF IT WAS SOLD TO A COLLECTION AGENCY. IT SEEMS LIKE CAPITAL ONE STILL HOLDING THE ACCOUNT. WANNA KNOW WHY CAPITAL ONE STILL HOLDING THE ACCOUNT AND NOT BY A COLLECTION AGENCY SINCE ITS ALREADY CLOSED.  IS THIS A MISTAKE ON A REPORT? SHOULD I REPORT THIS AS A DISCREPANCY? WHY ARE THEY STILL CHARGING ME INTEREST SINCE THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD BAD DEBT

@Anonymous wrote:
HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE A CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD THAT HAS BEEN CHARGE OFF AND ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR ON 2006 BUT IT'S BEEN 3 YRS SINCE IT WAS CLOSED. I PULLED MY CC AND SHOWING A BALANCE OF $1749 BUT WHEN IT CLOSED ON 2006 THE BALANCE WAS $914,IT SEEMS LIKE THEY'RE CHARGING AN INTEREST EVERY MONTH.  YET THERE IS NO INFO IF IT WAS SOLD TO A COLLECTION AGENCY. IT SEEMS LIKE CAPITAL ONE STILL HOLDING THE ACCOUNT. WANNA KNOW WHY CAPITAL ONE STILL HOLDING THE ACCOUNT AND NOT BY A COLLECTION AGENCY SINCE ITS ALREADY CLOSED.  IS THIS A MISTAKE ON A REPORT? SHOULD I REPORT THIS AS A DISCREPANCY? WHY ARE THEY STILL CHARGING ME INTEREST SINCE THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED?

First...please...don't use all caps.  It's tough to read.

Capital One still owns your debt.  They are still charging you interest because you still owe them money & will continue to do so.  I had the same thing, but had called to make payment arrangements before I found this forum.

You might have some leverage on getting the neg rermoved.  Is this reporting as closed/charge off?  What dates are you seeing as the lates?  Do you see 30, 60, 90, 120, 120 etc...then it says CO?  If so...what's the date (month/year) on the 30?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for responding, it showing as "charge off with bad debt" and i'm not seeing any dates on late. On the Late payment history is showing 0 history for 30 days, 60 days and 90 days. can i negotiate on paying down the balance?
Message 3 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
thank you for responding, it showing as "charge off with bad debt" and i'm not seeing any dates on late. On the Late payment history is showing 0 history for 30 days, 60 days and 90 days. can i negotiate on paying down the balance?

Where is that report from?  Do you have just one report??  You should get the 3 free ones if you haven't yet.  They give you detailed info on your "baddies" like when they're due to drop off.

Go  here  to get your reports .

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 10
luvs11

I have been informed that I am being sued for breach of contract from Capitol One Credit Card. I have a copy of my credit report, printed today, that states the status 

on my account as charged off. Then it shows a dollar amount written off and the the same dollar amount past due as April 2013.

Under status details it states: This account is scheduled to continue on record until Dec 2018.

I have not been served yet but I did pull up the court file on this judgement. It lists Capitol One Bank as Plaintiff and list an attorney for the Plaintiff. My credit report

shows this amount as charged off and written off. Is this a 3rd party debt collector?

I am 61 years old and on social security disability, i do not own a home or any other property, no stocks, bonds, etc , just my social security. what can happen?

Message 5 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Hi luvs and welcome to the forums!!!! Good news is they can't touch your social security. 

Message 6 of 10
luvs11

so in other words, they cannot freeze my bank account? what will happen with the judgement?

Message 7 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You need to call the court house and tell them your on social security and it's direct deposited  into your account. They will know they can't touch it. It happen to my mom and we took the CA to court and the judge made the CA refund all the money plus penalty fee's to my mother. 

Message 8 of 10
luvs11

First of all thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.  I am not sure who I would contact at the Court House, the Circuit Division? 

I haven't been served yet but it is there in the records that a judgement has been initiated. After I get served, you suggest I call the

Circuit Division at the Court House and explain my situation and they will actually help me?  I don't need an attorney? 

Message 9 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Contact the attorney that they are using.  Explain your situation to them.  And by all means, show up on the court date.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.