cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* CAPITAL ONE Charge-Off DELETED with GW !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: * CAPITAL ONE Charge-Off DELETED with GW !!!

Hey guys -- Not much to PM really.  I faxed in a dispute regarding errors in reporting and a GW to the EO ... the EO never got back to me, I think they closed the case because the other area (Resolutions/Recovery) called me and agreed to the deletion.  On their letter they sadi nothing about a GW, but rather "Errors in reporting, and we agree with you that we have reported incorrect information and are deleting the tradeline".  Honestly has a lot to do with my current excellent stanidng im sure too.

I suggest a dual attack -- fax to DISPUTES and email EO.  One should help you, although it may take weeks to months, FYI.  I started my GW and disputes in late July!!!  

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Joey Congrads on the success!!!

I've been trying to goodwill capital one for over a year now and I have talked to 3 people from the EO to no avail. I even paid my charge off in FULL!!!

Could you please please pm me the email address you used to contact them and the email of the resolutions/recovery department as well? You are a life saver if I can get rid of this pesky capital one charge off!!!!

Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

If still available, could you send me the fax number for the disputes department or the recovery/collections areas.  I appreciate your help.

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not contact recovery/ collections as they won't help you. You need to contact the CEO. Do some research on how to obtain that.
Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have a capital one charge off from 2011 I think, it is currently with a collection agency and I am working hard at repairing and rebuilding my credit. Could you please pm me your email you has sent and the email address or name to Google. I have never sent out a good will letter and can't seem to grasp what to say in it.
Message 25 of 43
IantoJones
Valued Member

Please post an update  -- did it work?

What are your new scores?

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Starting Score 9/13/14: 570
Current Score 08/12/2021: 798
Goal Score 2021: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry all just saw these posts. This was months ago. My scores are now above 680 FICO 8 with two over 700!!!!! I now have $40,000 in credit available up from $300 in June lol.

You need to send disputes to their DISPUTE DEPT. EO WILL
NOT HELP YOU ON THIS. They are really hit glorified CSR. Fax your letters (I don't have the # anymore) to disputes. Specifically mention that you will be filing complaints with CFPB if your request is not honored. Good wills do NOT WORK WITH CAP ONE. If they do, it's like winning the lotto. :-).

Scores in June - 540-560s
Scores today - 680 - low 700s.
Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I hit the lottery...2 GW charge offs deleted last week. First one was CO in 2013, second one 2014. Sent CEO email, got a call 3 days later and spoke to caller for 45 minutes about my situation that caused the problem. Got a call back 2 days later from same EO person saying he got the approval to delete them. 4 days later got a letter in the mail with a reference number and assuring me they were deleted..The very next day after the second call from the EO they were both gone from all three CRA. Cap1 is very forgiving and willing to help if it makes sense to them.

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing !!!!! I stand corrected. But MANY are denied GW on chargeoffs with them. What was your story to the EO rep? I tried everything and they were awful to me. It took a letter to disputes manager and BOOM!!!! :-).
Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey joeyzoom416...congrats on your deletions and your rebuilding journey. Cap1 will help people if it makes sense to them. EO staff are very nice and kind, although I won't discuss the contents of my letter and conversations with Cap1, I can tell everyone that if you are kind, sincere and brutally honest with whoever calls you. You may have a chance. I think If they sense that you feel you're entitled to a GW deletion, you don't have a chance. Hope this helps.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.